Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Endoftheroad
Casual Contributor

Feeling like a used piece of meat

Hi All
I have always suffer from depression
But in the last four years life got a heap worse when I suffered from 4 to 5 heart attacks over a 8 month period
As a result I ended up with a weakened heart muscle
This interned escalated my depression
To mild to high
Now to top it off my father past away and as I was at my fathers funeral my girlfriend at the time was sleeping with another guy
On my return I was told the relationship was over and I found out about her unfaithfulness
This took me to the end of the road
There was nothing mental health could tell me that I have already heard
All I wanted was a way out ( to end my life)
One thing that keep me here was Hope
I don't know what it was but I how old onto hope.
And as it happen to be I meet the love of my life on line ( who is overseas)
We have been chatting for over 12 months now.
Now where it starts to get to the point of this post.
Having the damage heart and the depression
and 50 Work is almost none existence.
I've been trying to save to go see my girl oversea but with no work and only unemployment coming in I finding it hard to save much.
I know my girl is the best thing for my health
But on the flip side it's killing me to not being able to see her.
I finding no one cares about anyone now days.
Friends if that's what you call them don't care.
Family don't care.
All I want to do work and save up to be with my girl
This is killing me
And one have any good advice ??

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Feeling like a used piece of meat

Hi Endoftheroad. Could your gf come here rather than you trying to save to go to her? If she came here, possibly for permanent or just to see what, if anything, happens this would ease some of your anxiety. Trying to get work is difficult at the best of times. Your medical history prevents you from a lot. Are you able to Skype her meantime to 'see' her while you're talking. Sometimes 'seeing' while we're talking eases the pain of separation too.

Thank you for you reply
No sadly the government rules are I must visit her first
Passport number
And lots of photos of the two of us together
Before she can get a visa into Australia
Yes we talk on messager and sometimes via video as she is in a poor country (Philippines)
She is not able to find work as well

My husband wanted to save to bring me over to Australia after we first met but had recently lost his job. A job came up in the cleaning industry and although he had never done that before because he was IT, he gave it a try and it worked out very well for him and us. We now work together and make more than most government employees. So look around for that kind of work because when your lady comes over, she can join you and earn money too.

Warm regards,

Busylady01

@Endoftheroad. I feel for your situation. I had to go through immigration to bring my son's das ovee to Australia. It waa costly. I visited his country twice - months at a time. Was pregnant by this stage and immigration had to read all our love letters / emails - even the private ones. It is very intrusive.
What did you do for a previous job?
Truck driver - could you teach truck driving?
Tradesman - could you teach your trade at TAFE?
Accountant - can you do that part time?

Thanks for your reply
Yes I was a landscape gardener but not tertiary certified
With the weeken heart muscle i find it really hard to do much in the way of physical stuff
I guess the jobs I can do get snapped up quickly or I'm told old as most employees want youths

I wonder if there may be a position at TAFE or your local community Centre - you teach / facilitate - students do physical work.
Also disability job search organisations may be able to help you find work. Temporary or part time.
Good lucks
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance