Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Ashlondon
Casual Contributor

Is my depression coming back?

I have been on antidepressants for 5 months and this week I'm not feeling myself. It's like my mood has change I feel down and unmotivated.
I am not sure what to do I'm scared that I'm going to hit rock bottom again. Advice please
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Is my depression coming back?

I found it took a good couple of yrs of antidepressants before I stopped having weeks like u r feeling .. I found I never dropped to the depth I felt before ( I use to want to because I knew it so well ) allow urself to feel what u feel but remind urself it's just a moment in the path .. if u feel u need a day on the couch crying then do it .. It will pass if not check ur tablets u may need a different one.. I went thro 4 diff ones before I found the right one .. good luck and know it gets better eventually xx

Dear Ashlondon. I totally agree with everything Holdingon said. Perhaps you need to revisit your Dr/counsellor for check-up to see where you are emotionally. Be kind to yourself and never be afraid to ask for help and guidance. Depression is very wearying and we all need support. You will start improving, but it's like everything in life. Some days are diamonds, some days are stone. On your 'stone' days, indulge in whatever makes you smile.

Thank you so much for your replies I had a great sleep last night 8-8.. Sleep is something that helps me rest and deal with things and for the last few days I haven't been able to sleep so that helped a lot.
Thank you for your comments x
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance