Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Psychodynamic therapy

Thanks @Former-Member.
I will write it down and work out how to tell her when I see her next.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Former-Member

I used to do most of my "talking" as writing at the beginning. I just had a notebook and whenever I had something I wanted to tell my psych or vent about treatments and meds, I just wrote it down and basically said Hi to the psych and gave him the notebook, and he would read from wherever he had to catch up and then take me through the subjects one by one. Feels REALLY awkward to watch someone read your notes, especially if they're horrible or often I couldn't even remember what I'd written (and I'd never read it again), but it worked for me. Now I take notes but I do talk. Got better with time (long time).
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Former-Member.
I did write down my biggest fear in hospital and hand it to him. He respected me, but didn't address it. He said it would be better dealt with in therapy.
Been reading up on fear of intimacy this afternoon. It's been helpful to understand my issues a bit better.
I'm really motivated to finally get this crazyness all sorted out. I'm done. I want to be well. I want to live my life.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh, and now I'm just using this thread as a personal whinge - cause I can't post about this stuff on facebook. But I *think* my diagnosis got changed from schizoaffective to psychotic depression, so now I don't get my atypical antipsychotic (which I need for sanity purposes) on the pbs anymore. Poor me. 😢
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance