Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Severe Depression

Well every night at around 8 i feel very dark. Energy is tuned out and i feel very scared . It seems very clinical. But i also feel that it happened due to everything that ever happened in my life. I feel it finally caught up. Here i am. So i sleep very drousily and feel very unwell like if something happens. Something major i wont help. Like if my father passes away he will just rot in his bed and i will be sleeping, i know hes dead but i cant get up cause the sleep seems to be the only cure to my torture i am experiencing. It feels very good. I say this cause i cant wake up in the mornings and go to work which is so important cause the sleep feels so good. I live off my fathers firm. So i can go whenever i want. But i want to earn my own money, how do I do that if this is how I feel?

Days are bearable

Mate I am trying to get back to you but I am moderated.

This is what worked for me.

Moderate doses of probiotics and prebiotics. Its a gut health issue. Possibly causd by antibiotics. I dont know for sure.

Hope this helps you.

Rosco

Hi @Siddhant, I'd have to say see a doctor as soon as you can. I know very well the feeling of being able to do little else but sleep. In my experience it is, as you say, severe depression. This tends not to just go away by itself, again speaking only from my own experience. I believe you need to be healthier in mind to have the energy to explore the options that are open in your life, and more independent of your family. I think you need medical help now and, for me, this would be the top priority. Wishing you well.

I can't quit working but I so desperately need to! I wouldn't be able to feed and house my kids if I stop. That pressure adds to it all! Any advice or direction for me would be much appreciated.

I think I can help iswhatitis, are you still there, its been a few days since the message was posted. I have been helping with advice for a year now on a Tinnitus forum where depression is rife. I am limited when I can reply, usually about this time in the evening here in the UK. Are you M/F and what country do you live in, if you don't mind me asking.

Steve.

Enigma, Did you get better without the SSRI's? I've been given some pretty strong stuff. I believe in dealing with the world as it is. I feel like shit, but my view of reality would be the same even if I were'nt depressed.

You can also download our depression anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder discussion  forum app from Google Play Store depression anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder discussion app

I've had to stop working in late 2013 and barley been able to work since then due to severe depression.

You have to first visit the good one clinic which has to solve your treatment because of depression is the laking of the human. Where as choose the best psychotherapy in your city and get treatment as soon.

ThankYou.

I have read an article on such kind of depression and posting few parts from there.

"How well is your depression treatment working? Does it help a bit, but you still don't feel as if the darkness has lifted? Perhaps you feel the treatment isn't working at all. If so, you could have treatment-resistant depression, also called refractory depression.

Unfortunately, depression treatments don't always work. As many as two-thirds of people with depression aren't helped by the first antidepressant they try. Up to a third don't respond to several attempts at treatment.

Treatment-resistant depression (TRD) can leave you feeling hopeless and discouraged. Months or even years can go by without any relief. And after the effort it took to get help, it can be demoralizing when you're just not getting better.

But if your depression treatment isn't working, don't give up. Many people can get their treatment-resistant depression under control. You and your doctor just need to find the right approach. This might include different drugs, therapy, and other treatments. If you're still struggling with depression despite treatment, here's what you need to know.

Understanding Treatment-Resistant Depression
What is treatment-resistant depression? Surprisingly, that can be hard to answer. Experts still disagree on what exactly the term means.

Some researchers define TRD as a case of depression that doesn't respond to two different antidepressants from different classes. Other experts say that a person needs to try at least four different treatments before depression can be truly considered treatment-resistant.

Of course for you, the exact definition doesn't matter. You just need to ask yourself some basic questions.

Has your treatment failed to make you feel better?
Has your treatment helped a bit, but you still don’t feel like your old self?
Have the side effects of your medication been hard to handle?

If the answer is yes to any of these, you need to see your doctor. Whether or not you actually have treatment-resistant depression, you need expert help."

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance