Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Tulip22
New Contributor

So many subject where do i start

Last year inwas diagnosed with PND but i think its been going on longer than when i had my son. In the last 2 months i have have become bankrupt even though i have a great job am drinking alot and feeling very alone. I blame my husband for everything for me not having friends for me being depressed and i hit rock bottom and made a mistake by kissing someone else. I had a makljor anxiety attack and got so low i tried to self harm and OD ON prescription stuff. He said he supports me he knows why i made the mistake yet he throws it at me consyantly and does not speak to me then meanwhile says i want more kids. All this while dealing with a teen and a toddler. Vicious cycle being short of cash we cannot afford a psychologist and i am totally lost.
God i know ths sounds all over the place but i am a mess i love my hubby and kids but i really feel everyone would be better off without me.
2 REPLIES 2

Re: So many subject where do i start

@Tulip22. If you go and see your gp and ask for a mental health care plan. Your gp can then refer you to a psychologist where you can get at least 6 free sessions.
Also ask your gp about free counseling services in your area for PND.
Please don't let your husband talk you into having another baby yet. You need time to heal and that takes therapy and time.
There are many on this site who have PND. Hopefully they will have some helpful ideas for you.

Re: So many subject where do i start

Havent battled PND before but definantly understand the feeling of being overwhelmed and things being thrown back in your face after taking time and energy trying hard to rectify them. Its almost like you start at the beginning each time.
The choice to have another child surely would complicate issues more, but know the challenges surrounding what feels like blackmail because of a bad decision.

Keep your head up. You are important!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance