Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Taking the plunge

I can’t wait to get my interest back in something. Whether it be craft, volunteer work. A class?? Whatever. 

Surviving at the moment. @Gazza75 

Former-Member
Not applicable

There are 2 Taking the plunge threads now @Former-Member might get confusing for everyone. 😲😊

im glad your ok so far @Maggie hopefully it stays that way Heart
yeah the waiting is the hard part as im stuck on how to move forward without knowing the outcome of it. they wanted more information so I sent that already, its been 24 hours since then so hopefully they've gone over it.
Ive cleared the trees from the backyard after the guys here cut them down, fed and cleaned up the horses, fixed up the new bathtubs for them, and made a barrier fence to keep them out for a few weeks so the grass can grow abit, paid some bills, and sent off a few emails that needed to be done.
I have the kids for a while today so I need to go to kmart and get a few things. that's it for today before tomorrow has a few appointments in it.
I might keep working on my new blanket abit later today, just having a cup of tea and put a movie on for now though

I think it would be very good for you @Former-Member .

You seem to be holding up fairly well the last little while.  🙂 Heart

I did volunteer work for quite a few years and felt pretty good doing it.  I had to stop after I started working full time.  Got a bit much as I was also playing soccer and training a few times a week as well.  I did admin stuff at a youth club.. it was always fun to see the kids practicing doing gym and stuff.

You should try some crafts, even if its just 1/2 hour a day/week or whatever.. you might feel good and find it rewarding.  I didn't think i'd end up enjoying doing the paintings as much as I have.  My mum does colouring in, i did a few pictures last year when I was strugglilng, found it quite settling. You can ge some great books if you shop around, seems criminal the low prices they charge. 

What classes do you think you would like?

Former-Member
Not applicable

I honestly don’t know at the moment @Gazza75 with everything that’s going on. I don’t have energy to think about myself. Except when I do. I think I’m really failing at the moment 

D won’t slow down. Can’t visit mum. I try not to feel guilty, but it’s hard not to 

Just mopped the whole house. On to the fourth load of washing, what the heck. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Are you a secret Moderator @Gazza75? 😂 you seem to be giving support all over the forum. 

Fair enough @Former-Member , maybe your subconscious will think about it and something will come to you.  I'm sorry about your mum.  That must be so hard.  Maybe you could make or send her a card.  Just a thought.  Heart'

'

Well done on the house work.  That's a lot of washing and work Mumi!  It's just the two of you? 🙂

I'm definitely not a secret moderator, I don't think they'd have me LOL 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

Lol. You’d do very well at it @Gazza75 

I don't think I'd be PC enough for it @Former-Member , but thankyou 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

I think you just need to be caring and you do it well @Gazza75 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance