Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

I'll hold some hope with you @Maggie and be part of this safe landing space that's great for catching falls (if it happens for you). Very tricky to balance protecting ourselves and having hope.

I better run. I have some meeting prep I should get to. I'm running with a huge smile this morning seeing your crafty-ness over ⬇️ somewhere!

Thanks for the cuppa. See you later 😊💗

@CheerBear  How was your yesterday ( if you would like to share)? 💜💜

Morning @Maggie 🙂 I was just off making us a cuppa.

My yesterday was OK thanks. The meeting in the morning was great. We talked a bit of fun and touched on sensory playground/garden idea. So cool! The NDIS meeting after was long and ugh but I tolerated it. My support coordinator helped a lot by jumping in when the NDIS person was saying unhelpful stuff. I was so tired by the evening I bought take away for dinner, watched YouTube docos with a Middle (the other two were doing their own thing), and fell asleep way earlier than usual.

How was your yesterday and how are you going this morning? Have you worked on your Sophie flower some more?

@CheerBear  A sensory playground/garden, wow, that IS impressive. I gathered NDIS would be a struggle. Is it every week you meet?

Youtube and takeaway sounds like a good ending to a tiring day.

My yesterday was pretty awful, so I’m heading to my cave today with my hook and yarn.

My world will have to stop, I can’t do it anymore, or right now. I’m over a wonky unfair system.

Thanks for the cuppa, going down well. 💜💕

Thankfully it isn't every week @Maggie. It was a one off yesterday to meet the person (a Local Area Coordinator) who will do my planning meeting in a few weeks. Meeting the LAC like that isn't something they usually do but I did so, soooo badly with the last LAC that they thought it was a good idea to start fresh with a new one and meet them before sitting in a tiny room with them while they picked apart all the bad stuff about me as said by my support team, and then deciding whether to fund those supports which I desperately need 😔 Very broken system there. I'm shelving it now (or trying to).

I'm so sorry you had a pretry awful yesterday. Did something in particular come up yesterday (if you feel like talking about it)? I feel really mad and sad that the wonky unfair system has such a big impact. It is so wonky and so unfair, and I'm over it too. Hitting a time out button on it all and spending today in your cave sounds like a really good idea.

@CheerBear  That sounds awful. LAC meeting. Picking apart all the bad stuff about you. Doesn’t sound supportive at all. Maybe your shelving is my caveing.

My counsellors partner tried so hard to push for the flat that’s vacant. Shut doors everywhere. Just getting past dragon Name ( receptionist ) is impossible. My housing support worker wasn’t available Tuesday and Wednesday found out she’s not at work till Monday. Hello !

The system is locked up tight and not helpful at all. Not even willing to listen. I’m angry for me, and so many others being shutdown by everyone supposed to help. From politicians to housing to everyone. Where on earth do you turn.?

Oh @Maggie 🙁 I'm so sorry. Housing and everything housing related is so messed up. The locked up and shut out is crushing. I had no idea how bad it was until our life went bang, and what I saw and experienced during that time will stay forever. I don't get how it happens and how wrong the system is.

I wish I could do something or make it better. You are important Maggie and you matter, and I know that's the opposite of how you might be being made to feel right now 😔

Ditto @CheerBear  you are important and you matter. Let’s hang on to the few who hear us, I have my counsellor irl, I hope you have someone. But here on the forums there are those who encourage us to try new things, spread our peacock feathers, even momentarily, sit with us in our caves, messes and wonkys. You are a sensitive caring a beautiful person. 💕💜💕💜️ Sitting with you. 💕💜💕💜

Mega big lots of these 💗💗💗 and these and ditto too. So thankful for people and spaces who help undo the damage in all the ways it happens.

I hope there is some good or peace or calm in your cave today @Maggie. I am really looking forward to hearing how your hook and yarn goes 💕
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance