Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

This pic says it all @CheerBear . I had another picked, but realised it isn’t Saturday yet. 😩😩😩 It’s been one of those weeks, wishing it would end.

I hope yesterday was good to you. Not sure if your weekend is with well and unwell people, if it is, I hope there’s some time out for you somewhere.

C5184C4A-011C-451A-B38F-C5418E3D8A7B.jpeg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning @Maggie 😀💜

I see you have been learning some new forum skills as part of your Guide training, and deploying those skills around the place. Nice to see that, and I expect it must feel good too. Hope today treats you well. Is it counsellor today?

Hi @CheerBear  👋💗

Sherry 🌹🐶

Good morning @Former-Member. Yes counsellor this morning. A good start to today.

They say you can’t teach an old dog new tricks @Former-Member , I’m proving them wrong. Yes, a new computer trick. It saves me running around the forums. 😂😂

Hope today treats you well also. 🐶🐾💙

Morning lovely people ❤

Oh dear @Maggie. You've had a rough week. I'm glad you've got a good start to the day with counsellor coming over. How are you feeling about continuing to try and work through some of the tricky that came up last week?

I feel like I could use a strong one to start my day too. As expected, work, even just a couple of days of it, has thrown me. It's hard to do all the other stuff too. My brain is busy and full and I am tired. I don't think we'll head to well and unwell one's unless they offer to have the crew for work. We'll see.

Morning @Former-Member. Nice to see you 👋

@CheerBear  A strong one coming up.️ or three.

Really sorry there’s tricky, lots of tricky. Do you think time to adjust will help?

You do have a very busy life. Tired won’t be helping, and busy brain, well.....

Some down time, pj days and just blobbing this weekend, movies, rest.??? Computer games.

I don’t want to do the tricky @CheerBear , but counsellor never pushes, it’s our choice to go there, or talk about other stuff. Eventually, the tricky will unravel. I just get a but scared of what they might share. They are my history, I have no early childhood memories apart from them. 

@TheVorticon , 👋👋👋💜💜💜

Three sounds great thanks @Maggie 😂

Tricky will get easier with time. And I will need to let go of pressure and guilt about not being able to do it all while I adjust. It'll be fine, it's just a bit trickier than I expected (silly me).

I can only imagine how scary it might be to have a crew inside who might share things you're not wanting to or you're scared of. Are things they share a surprise to you? Memories and happenings you're not aware of but they are? Either way it would make it extra hard to trust that talking is OK 🙁

Any plans after counsellor?

We have an appt at the hospital today for Middle. I had no-one to watch Little and the hospital have strict rules about no-one except patient and one caregiver going in. I lost my :pile_of_poo: asking what they wanted me to do - leave one in plaster longer than they needed or leave a littler one unattended at home. Being in situations like that is a real trigger because of lots of past situations where I've needed to choose between bad and badder (yay for making up words haha) with the kids. Full mumma bear on the hospital 🤪 Big (who usually shuts the world out to do school work in the closed bedroom) is taking a few hours off to watch them and help them with their school work. Not ideal and definitely not something I am thrilled about Big needing to do, but they're kind of excited about being trusted to take on that responsibility.

Morning @Maggie and thanks for the forum-coffee.
Hi @CheerBear and everyone.
I'm still feeling quiet but had an ok talk with my psych yesterday after no session for 4 weeks.

Hey @TheVorticon. Always nice to see you 😊 No session for 4 weeks would have been tricky and I imagine there was plenty of time for things to bubble around. Glad it went OK (ish by the sound of it).

Wow @CheerBear  far out about the hospital rules/restrictions. Just another example of how impossible, our now ‘ normal’ is at times.

Yea for Big stepping up, but I understand you not wanting to go there, but needing to. They are growing up @CheerBear . Is that scary at times?

I was going to ask about Middle and plaster, it kept slipping through my mind. Will the plaster come off,or get changed?

The things they share are a surprise to me @CheerBear . Complete memory blockout. Still uneasy about one who shared a few years ago. A big one. I’ve done the unthinkable, as in asking was it made up, a lie, exaggerated. You can see part of why we don’t get on. 

I know your work situation will get better with time and adjustments. Change is uncomfortable, but can become comfortable. You’ve got this, even when you think you haven’t.💜💜💜💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance