Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Waiting for Data Back Trace

Did you know all these posts show up on Google?!

Awesome right? Well. Not so much, no.

(contains Original Starwars Trilogy spoilers (and latest movie ones))

So what I was pondering  is, when Luke and Leia find out their bloodline and Luke has to go confront Vader all mano-a Mano, I  mean what the hell? Right?

Well obviously a farm boy who swung at a floating ball and jogged around with a muppet on his back is faarrrrr more qualified that a girl who grew up her whole life as  a rebel with access to the top personal combat trainers, "as well as" also being a Jedi.

I think Leia should have gone and kicked Vader's ass.

That would have been a refreshing twist.

In fact the whole premise that the person probably most skilled and trained in firearms, tactics and personal combat had to be repeatedly rescued, or shoved in a bikini etc, and gratefully end up with a smelly hairy creature, who also had a wookie friend,  seems kind of chauavanist to me.

OK, so Han Solo does have 'that smile', but that's not the point.

Fair enough Rey seems to be doing better, but there are still a lot of bad stereotypes. And that much (later) self-doubt seemed out of character for her tough starter of the movie. I guess guys like their women helpless and confused?

( Hey that could be my problem! Because screw that rubbish :p)

And I get that it was a tribute movie, but if you're given the chance to make a brand new start of an exciting universe, why the crap just remake the original series into a film?

Holy crud what a waste of potential movie. 😞

Maybe that's what you get when you let a StarTrek fanboy write and direct a StarWars movie. He might not have realized that just because every StarTrek Movie is the same that the StarWars ones don't have to be.

I guess we can hope the next guy will do better.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Waiting for Data Back Trace

Yeah I did notice ... so go I back and edit ... is the old trace still around for the search engines to pick up ... I am not as tekky as I would like???

Currently, as far as I can see, anyone can read anything written on here without even needing an account.

have raised the issue with mods quite firmly.

sadly once it's on Google level, they say there's a copy out there regardless even if it's locked down here.

seeing you can't potentially erase all tracks, if you have written something sensitive sometime, you can try to chocolate-box it.

ie post extra pointless posts, say for example about starwars 😉

so people looking 'never know what they're gonna get' . Enough junk can discourage some people. Depends who's looking.

And chocolating can take ages.

But editing / deleting will definitely reduce/ overwrite a lot of the older stuff

Btw this kind of talk is usually frowned on by mods etc.

So don't be surprised if this thread gets pulled.

Especially if I say something like  : blossom  

Im leaving forum vsoon. Tomorrow by the looks.

Permanently.

Was lovely to know u.

( Sorry, that was stupid of me to tag you just after saying  the forum was searchable)

"I take one for the heartbreak,
One for the headache,
Two for the constant tears."
     -Black Lab

Ditto

P.s Blossom.

Not sure if you have Apple Music  or anything...

But you might like to check out these albums.

Vienna Teng - Blue Caravan

Anna Nalick - Wreck of The Day

Beth Orton - Trailer Park

Dala - Best Day

Black Lab - Greatest Hits. 😉

--/

"‘Cause it’s all thumbs,
and life’s online.
And everybody’s two cents
are on everybody’s mind.
But I’ve got a young heart
and I’ve got an old soul
And I’ve got a feeling
that I’m not alone...."

-Dala

------/----

currently listening to: Sia / Don't Bring Me Down .

Which is, ironically, one of my going down songs..

Cycling down.! Get your mind out of the gutter.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Omg I didn't realise you could google it. I knew you could look without an account, I did for ages before joining. I really wish it was more secure. 😔

ive hit up the mods with a...well, probably fairly offensive demand that this be rectified asap.
and i know (and apoligize to the mods, i shouldn't probably have spread this info around.
But I am a firm believer that certain knowledge is a right , especially to those whom it concerns.
So yes, big mouth Alice has done it again, but i'm trying to allow people to know this without creating a massive circus about it, because i imagine most or many people may not want things they disclose here to be readily available to anyone who cares to do a google search.

Slightly shortsighted of me,( again, but it's been an emotional few days,) , seeing there's not much anyone can do at this stage , except go back and edit anything extremely sensitive they don't wish to be public knowledge.

I am confident that the mods, now aware, if they weren't before, will act swiftly to rectify this.
I have found them to be an extremely efficient and compassionate team.

well. that's hardly me for the night, i'm off to wreak havoc. but i may be back later.

but to those who wander in, feeling lost, alone, misunderstood, sick and sad inside,

I offer this song, which (although, admittedly holds personal signifigance) contains several levels of meaning,  i hope you may find some of them to be comforting.

I find it to be so.

Illusion by VNV Nation.

https://youtu.be/mVf2EeTMNJo

take care peeps. til later.

Ali.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance