Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

ive made an appointment for Tuesday for the dr my mum see for this coming Tuesday @Snowie I jut have to wait that long, I committed to helping at even on sunday but I think I might have to cancel it. as much as I need to money right now I just don't think its a good idea esp when the pain gets severe enough I throw up or I get dizzy. I know there is a medical centre open the weekend that does walk ins as well so if I cant wait till Tuesday ill go on sunday after ive tried one final form of treatment then I can say ive really done a lot more then most would in this case. its going on 3 weeks and I just cant handle it much longer. im already sitting on my pain threshold.

Its good that you have made an appt. hun. Just a shame you have to wait so long.

Lokking after yourself is the most important thing at the moment.

Hoping what you are trying helps you at least a little @outlander 

thanks @Snowie im going to keep an eye on the online booking system as well and if something comes up earlier that I can get to im going to reschedule it for the earlier time instead of Tuesday.
ive tried and still trying essential oils, heat packs, ice packs, neck and back stretches, muscle creams, doesn't respond to anti-inflammatories or pain relief, hot showers and baths with muscle relaxants in it, the pains been wearing me out so ive been resting and even sleeping a little more when im able to sleep. going to see a massage therapist to try that out on Saturday morning but other then that theres not much more I can do.

Hopefully an appointment comes up earlier @outlander 

It sounds like you are doing all the right things and all you can do to help with the pain. Sleep deprivation is hard to deal with so hoping you can get some sleep tonight hun,

thanks @Snowie I think if this gp does the same thing as what my gp done yesterday im going up to the ED. that was my last resort but I think im at that stage now that there just isn't anything more that I can do myself.
ive actually been getting around 4 hours good sleep and every 2 or 3 days im sleeping right through even going to bed around 10pm and sleeping in till 730 (sometimes later if I don't have to take the kids) the pain is literally wearing everything down I think.

How are you going today though? have you been up to much?

Its good that you are getting some sleep at least @outlander 

Not up to a lot today. Have a social worker coming out to see me tomorow. I haven't met her before so a bit nervous and anxious about tomorrow.

Not sure what to expect.

@Former-Member 👋
hows your day been?

I hope the social worker is a nice match for you @Snowie its totally understandable youd be nervous but I hope she give off those calming vibes so your nerves settle quickly.
is she coming to your home or are you meeting her elsewhere?
Former-Member
Not applicable

Its been okay thanks @outlander  😀

that's good to hear @Former-Member 😘
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance