Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Exo's Exposé

My mother had your inventiveness for going around problems @Exoplanet ..... it’s familiar and lovely to hear you working things out and being a true bush woman .... a flat-vested super-bush-woman ❣️  We washed in buckets at times growing up, had a loo that had to be flushed with a bucket, and slept in the car to go camping in outback places, heating cans of food in the back window of the car during the day for an early dinner that night, boiling a billy for a cup of tea for supper.

Love hearing your stories, but feel for you when it’s the the last thing you need in that moment.

Hugzzzzzzz ...... ❤️

E75A7E87-1BF4-41EE-9046-AD8BCE89CE0B.jpeg

Hey @Exoplanet  as always you amaze me with your resourceful attitude to solving practical problems - super woman indeed - Ms MacGuyver!!

Hanging out at the Saturday Soiree this morning if anyone wants to join in.

@Exoplanet  you are a super woman indeed HeartHeart

@Exoplanet  Hey Exoplanet just be careful hun and dont push yourself too hard on doing things. I know you are super woman 🙂 but just take things a bit slow wont you :). Love peaxxx

@Exoplanet 

Smiley Happy

You dont need more challenges but have a wonderful way of meeting them head on.

For Madox Brown - WorkFor Madox Brown - Work

WOO HOO! My Daughter's coming tonight!!! & I can go shopping tomorrow 🙂 I can see how much a 12 volt pump is in the local shops, somehow I think I'll be waiting for Ebay. It's a shame everything is so much more expensive in the shops . . . especially out here. I'd like to support local . . . I can't afford to mainly. I'll have to fork out for RACQ to replace my car battery, I'm not going to lift batteries just now.  I've decided I won't worry about finding a GP, I'm going for a couple of appointments at the hospital on Friday. They wanted me to go to a 3rd appointment at the Echo Unit, I didn't even know what that was; it's to check your heart. My Sister rang & asked about it, it's a precaution they take before you start treatment . . . I'm not starting treatment; I'm not willing to undergo chemo for a year, then radiation for the next year {I'll try the hormones, but if they bother me in any way, I'll stop them too} - I mightn't live through the treatment & to me that's a waste of what time I may have left.  I'm a smoker, I've just had a grade & stage 3 cancer removed & been told it's not a good prognosis . . . . . . I don't want to know. Right now I'm feeling fine & I just want to live! Hopefully the Physio will clear me to drive again, that will make life soooooo much easier! I'd basically be back to normal 🙂 

Love to all the need or want it Heart

It is great for you that your daughter is coming and you will be able to get some things done @Exoplanet I hear you about the cost of things - sometimes we need to go for the cheaper options simly because we cannot afford local. It is exactly like that for me with meds. I needed to change from my local chemist to a chain chemust simply because it was costing me nerly double to shop there. It is not a change I wanted to make as they were all really lovely at that chemist but I just could not afford the cost - especially as some of my meds are not on the PBS.

Also hearing you about treatment and how important quality of life is for you right now. My grandmother also chose to forego similar treatment so she could live out what life she had left in her own way. We of course wanted her around longer but it was her choice that we accepted - just as it is yours. 

Many hugs and much love for you Heart

@Exoplanet 💛🧡💛🧡

@Exoplanet Hey beautiful lady so happy that your daughter came to visit :). You are always in the back of my mind. I love hearing your updates and wonder at your strength and determination. Pea does a lil dance when she hears your happy voice. Stay strong. love from peaxxxx

My Daughters visit was wonderful, lots of laughs 🙂 She's smitten by the new Bo 😉 . . . it's good to see her smile 🙂 We went shopping & my cupboards are choka-block full! I laughed at the price of 12 volt pumps in the locals 😄 {they're all farm quality, so chemical proof & very high quality materials . . . . but funny prices :D} I'll get on ebay & find a lower quality more affordable one that'll do me just fine 😉 We did end up seeing a Doctor, not really by my choice; I had decided I could wait until the appointments at the hospital, but my Sister had decided otherwise. She had gotten my Daughter to take photos of my chest & she'd decided it did need to be checked; & she rang my Daughter & pretty much 'told' her to take me into the local hospital. Though of course it was my decision to go, that decision was extremely influenced by my Sister & I went to ease her mind. So we spent a couple of hours sitting in the front bay of the local hospital. My local hospital is nothing like the one in the city; the one in the city has volunteers driving golf buggys, taking you from one place to the other - because the hospital is the size of a little city! My local hospital is more the size of really big house; but even though it's small & in a pretty small town, there was an emergency while we were there. I think it was an elderly man that was brought in by ambulance, a lady about my age came in {I think he was her Father}, she knew the staff by name & they let her through. So I think that had something to do with the wait & I don't blame the hospital or the staff . . . I've just had enough of Doctors, seen more & had more tests & what-not, than I ever have before in my life!! A nurse had a quick look when we first arrived & said it looked fine; but I think the Doctor was coming {it's a very small hospital & the Doctor isn't there mainly - he does a medical clinic & the aged care facility too} for the elderly gentleman, so she asked me to wait for him to check it too. I am glad to have a clean bill of health from a medical practitioner, as it eases everyone's minds 🙂 The big hospital appointments have been changed from Friday to next Wednesday {I wonder if that's why my Sister was so insistent ?} so I've got a few days to just rest, relax & catch up on the basics 😉 

Love to all that need or want it Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance