Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Far and Away

Good night @oceangirl

Belated goodnight @Zoe7 @MDT @Sans911 @oceangirl @outlander @Shaz51 .... anyone else around.

Best plans gone astray.  I ended up with an unexpected legal email to write .... took some time to get my thoughts in order, but also feels good to have achieved it.

Sleep well all.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Anyone good with selling cars? I have a potential buyer wanting to inspect tomorrow. Really nervous about it, well, uncomfortable around men, and trusting strangers... so much deception in the world. I've arranged to meet in public place tomorrow, hopefully under cameras, but no response to that option yet. I also asked for a photo of driver's licence. I've been stuffed around so much already trying to sell this car. Gumtree scammers are prolific - hard to take any enquiries serious anymore, bit obvious when they want all your private details, including bank info, before surrendering any of theirs. They haven't got past my email and phone number thank goodness. Somewhat over it. Pray I don't get mugged or something, yikes!

Goodnight @Faith-and-Hope. I hope you have a restful sleep 💕 💕 💕

I've lots of experience @Former-Member. My mother always gets me to buy and sell her cars, and a friend's do too.

If someone has your bank details they can't take money from it. They can only deposit money into it. If they want to take your car for a test run, take their licence AND car keys. Don't settle for less than want you want, but have a reasonable idea of what your car is worth. There's a guide called the Red Book-it's also online. And if you do sell the car, get them to pay the full amount by either cash or bank deposit. Make sure they do the bank deposit in front of you, and send you an electronic receipt. Like I said, they can't get access to your bank account if they only have your bsb and account number. Good luck tomorrow.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Sans911, that's really helpful 🙂👍

Morning @Zoe7 I hope your headache eased overnight with some sleep

Morning also @CheerBear @Faith-and-Hope @Shaz51 @Maggie @CheerBear @Former-Member @eth

@Faith-and-Hope I have known you here for nearly 4 years and in that time you have shown me so much care, compassion, support and friendship. I have a real and deep love for both you as a person and as a very much valued and respected friend. I have never met anyone else in my life that I have so much respect and love for. You light up my life everyday with your kindness and lift me up with your care and compassion. When I have been sinking you have always been there to hold my hand, walk alongside me and hold onto hope and light for me when I could not see that for myself.  Meeting you changed my life in the most positive of ways – that is the immense impact you have had upon me. I can never repay you for what you have done over these past few years nor can I thank you enough. My hope now is that the universe repays you that thanks, that joy and that love in your own life – that all the hurt dissipates and you can finally find your own path with nothing but love and hope in your life. You deserve that so very much. Find strength in those that you love and the enormous courage that you hold within for that is going to be what sustains you and helps you fight through those darker days. Each day feel that gentle breeze upon you and know I am with you – wings fluttering lightly and helping shield you from your worries, take on your fears and fill your world with love. That is my gift to you. Love you Hon – today, tomorrow and always. Heart

Do not mourn those that are not here but celebrate those that are because they are the ones that can enrich your life and bring you so much joy, love and hope.

Wow @Zoe7 .... I stopped in to the forums early this morning, then today has been soooo busy, but I can hardly see why - think I have just gone from one thing to another, with phone calls, emails to answer, a couple of online classes, and got stuck into a collage assignment this evening in between running some milk over to D3 - and she gave me some broccoli soup she had made for dinner .....

Then I came here just now and found such a beautiful post from you ....,. Hon you are amazing, and so thoughtful and lovely ...,, you don't seem to realise how much your steady presence, words of wisdom, and gentle ever-present faith in me helps me find the path forward, especially as you speak "art" too .....

You repay me every day when I see you reaching out to others on the forums and gently lifting them up with those delicate wings of yours.  Helping to carry others forward around you brings me a sense of comfort and security, seeing that this beautiful work is happening, despite whatever mess I have to clean up in the backwash if my own life ...... thank you precious one ...... you have brought me a real spark of joy tonight.

Hugs n hugs @Zoe7 ..... ❤️🦋

65DD26BD-DA80-4B6F-A08A-1B767D55E45A.jpeg

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Zoe7  Hope you're okay.  Missed you a lot lately.  Hoping you can now have a restive weekend in preparation for school being back next week. I think you were feeling quite unwell yesterday?  Sorry I still have a lot of notifications to catch up on, so I am not fully up with everything after my 9 days away.  Hope to catch up with you over the weekend, if you're up for it.

@Faith-and-Hope  Have to agree with Zoe's words .. you are pretty amazing and deserve the very best life has to offer.  Love and kind thoughts coming your way, after what sounds like another busy and stressful day.

@Former-Member   I am so sorry I have not responded to your many posts to me, either here or on my PTSD thread.  I have been reading, but was trying to be disciplined about staying off line for a while.  Some self care and self preservation was needed.  Really want you to know how much I have appreciated you continuing to check in on me though.  You are a very good friend and I appreciate you a lot.  Thank you.

Everyone else .... hi there.  Hope you are all going well.  I will try to catch up with everyone over the weekend.

Sherry 🌺

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance