Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: My big news... I think????

Oh @Powderfinger 

That does sound painful. So passionate you pushed through the pain to keep working. You really are remarkable. Please do use this as a lesson to take better care of yourself hun!

👂☹️🤗✔️

Wow @Powderfinger 

That is great news!

I'm not surprised really he just saw you and your talents for what they are. How exciting. I am looking forward to hearing about Mondays catch up with him. Good luck my talented friend 🤞x

@Gwynn 

I am on my second day of no work till mid next week. Since stopping work on the chairs, everything I was going through is right there still of course. I am sliding back into that hole again. I am feeling angry that people will not listen to me when I express that doing things is too much for me. I just want to sit here and sob. Sob out of frustration, sob because I am unable to express the words for the horror that is going on inside of me, sob because nobody can see, sob because I just want one person to get it without me having to go into every single thing that has led me to this point, sob because suggestions to do this, that and the other thing are already things I am doing, sob because I cannot speak verbally, sob because I know so much has changed, so because I am scared, sob because I have no one to comfort me when I need it, sob because some days I just dont even want to get out of bed and sob because I feel trapped within me. 

Aside from that, I do have my own repair and restoration thing happening on Facebook. I am not sure what this guy needs. At this point I am able to offer very minimal, but I will let him know that. I will see how it goes tomorrow anyway. 

@Anastasia 

It is excruciating pain. I know you think I am remarkable for pushing through the pain. It was not wise of me to do though. I have learnt from it. I am resting a heck of a lot and sleeping a lot. Im caught in a horrible sticky web and I just cannot do this all on my own anymore. I am blessed though that I live ina good town and if I need extra help for any reason, I can find it. In that way I am blessed. When one lives in cities, it is actually harder to get help. 

@Anastasia 

Thank you hon. Now that I have some distance from the chairs for a short while, I can see what an amazing job I have done. When you are doing it, one does get caught up in the work as there is so much to do. I am happy I get to sit back for a while and appreciate my own work. This has been a huge learning curve for me and I truly have learnt so many things. I am enjoying having time to reflect on this one particular thing. 

I will be sure to come here and fill you in on tomorrow. I hope things are good with you @Anastasia ??????  HeartSmiley LOL

@Maggie 

*waves hello* I hope you are doing ok???? HeartHeart You are in my thoughts. 

Oh @Powderfinger, I’m sorry that it’s all coming over you like waves. I wish there was something I could say or do to take it away from you, but I can’t think of it. I hope that it won’t last long. For me it helps to remember that I will still be here when the big feelings have passed.

@Gwynn 

It's ok. When nothing can be done, do nothing until.domething can be done. 

I'm a broken and wounded girl, I know. Next year I go back to therapy. 

@Anastasia @Maggie @SJT63 @Gwynn 

@Anastasia I know you were keen to hear how my visit went with the guy I was seeing on Monday. I am in a very low mood myself, but yesterday went well with him and I. I spent two hours with him. He took me to his house and showed me everything about his workshop, all his jobs he had on and the work he had done. We obviously talked a lot about wood, woodworking and other bits and pieces. So, I was talking about tools with him and said I am going to also buy a corner sander as well. They are good to have for getting into tight spots that other types of sanders will not. 

He was so nice, he gave a me a corner sander and a belt sander. I have an orbital sander. Sanders when working with wood are pretty important. You need a few because not one will do everything. He also gave me a tonne of nails and another tool for clamping which is a great tool to have. I asked him if he wanted any money for it and he said no. He wants to help me get started with my woodworking. He said you have such an enthusiasm and passion that I just want to help you. I wasn't sure what to say except thank you and that I am very grateful to him. 

I did ask him what he needed. How I could help him. I asked because that was the original reason I was there. He actually couldnt answer the question really. I did not want to press or prod him, so I just moved on with the conversation and thought I will bring it up another time. He has given me a coffee table. He said it is mine to work on and sell. I was like wow, that so cool and I said thank you. I plan to work on it and sell it. I want to give him something when I do sell it. 

Then we loaded everything up and he was going to take me home and he asked me if I have spare time. I said sure. He said I will take you to my friends house and show you some more stuff there. His friend is away but it is his work buddy and he ahd keys to the house so it was OK. WOWSERS. That house they built from scratch together and what a house!!!! Everything was made from wood except the frame. It is a kit steel frame. The house was just absolutely amazing and I wanted to suggest calling better homes and gardens to see what these guys had done. It was majorly impressive and absoluetly goregous. I did complement them a lot because it deserved that. I said ti should be heritage listed so it could never be knocked down. 

He is coming over in the next few days to teach me how to upholster these chairs. I feel comfortable around him which is unusual because I actually never feel comfortable around men. I find that actually very hard. I am still a bit on my backfoot, but hopefully over time I can gain more trust. 

So, I have not had much time to really process yesterday, but it was a very good day. I did tell him when he dropped me off, if ever he needed anything, help or whatever, dont hesitate to get in touch with me. I wanted him to at least know that. So then it is up to him but I will still remind him now and then in case he forgets. 

Not sure what to make of it all yet, but I am happy and it was a good day. 

Hello @Powderfinger 

that is all incredible news...an angel sent from the Universe?

Relish in it all, it is about time some good came your way. I am excited to "watch this space" for your coffee table do over as well as any other projects. I have a really good feeling about 2021 for you Powderfinger.

Hugs and hugs my dear friend xox

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance