Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Peer Group Chat // Coping When Life Gets Too Loud // Thursday 7th March 2024, 7-8:30PM AEDT

I'm new to these Forus. I'm not sure how it works but I need peer support I have no help at all.

Re: Peer Group Chat // Coping When Life Gets Too Loud // Thursday 7th March 2024, 7-8:30PM AEDT

How does this work please? I'm finding it challenging navigating the chat groups.

Hey @Willow_26 ,

I've sent you a message in the thread you created which you then removed the post https://saneforums.org/t5/Something-s-not-right/ADHD-and-BPD-I-ve-had-enough/m-p/1474841#M339404

Hope you get the message

@Snowie I hear you on the quiet voice being hard to hear when life gets too loud. I absolutely love your point though about knowing that just because it's quiet doesn't mean it isn't powerful.  in some ways, I wonder if being quieter is part of what makes it more powerful, because you have to listen harder to hear it' Also, I wonder if the more you do listen to that quiet voice, the stronger and more powerful it will become. What do you think? 

@Healandlove,crying is okay! I feel like it can be a really good release cry, especially when things have felt super overwhelming.  kind of reminds me of this graphic I came across a while back. 

Ok to Cry.jpg

@Glisten it's so cool that your voice checks in on you around what you need.  

In many ways, whatever it is our quiet voices specifically do or say, it sounds like quiet voices in our heads are very much like an extra little friend that sits on our shoulder to help prompt us to take care of ourselves or to validate the hardships and struggles we might have experienced. Quiet, yes, but also, mighty!   

Also hi there @Willow_26 @Adge @Tilz @Shaz51 @Emelia8 @Faith-and-Hope 

It sounds like alot of people are supported and understood.
Unfortunately not for me.
Life line call back encouraged me to ensure my assets are sorted before I do anything. I don't want to be teaching out for help to only feel even worse😪

Hi @Willow_26 

Please keep reaching out on here. We are here to support you. 

Have you posted your story anywhere? 

I would love to get to know you more.

@TideisTurning I think it is harder to find that voice at times. I do think that the more I listen to it the stronger it will become. I also have learnt that sometimes I can't find that voice by myself. I need help to be able to find it. I need supports in my life that can guide me in the right direction of that voice.

It takes time and effort to be able to quieten down that loudness within me. It's not something that just happens. 

" Its ok to cry when there is too much on your mind" true.. It really gives a relief to mind.

@TideisTurning   Wow I have never heard anyone describe the little voice in my head as “mighty”.

3 years ago I was home alone. Had an angle grinder mishap. I thought I was going to faint, but I heard my father’s voice say “you can’t afford to faint”.

I’m assuming my unconscious mind chose my father’s voice to comfort me and making sure I didn’t die. 
As it turned out the injury was not as dramatic as it could have been.

But why do say the little voice is mighty?

G

Hey @Glisten, that's a great question, even if it's a tricky one to answer. although, I feel like the example you've given us about your father's voice might illustrate it a little though- your quiet voice is mighty because it's powerful, in terms of giving you some sort of motivation to keep trying when things are tough. I also think that a quiet voice can also be mighty because of the very fact that it's quiet- when something is quiet, you have to pay closer attention and listen harder to clearly hear whatever it is the quiet voice is trying to tell you, in so doing, you're likely to slow down, even pause for breath, which may help in other ways depending on what's been happening.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance