Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: The Weekly Friday Feast

Heeeey everyone!

How's your week been? Who's going to join me for this week's Friday Feast? I making pizza! 

Remember to bring along:

1) Bring a (virtual) plate of food

2) Bring a topic of discussion

index.jpg

@Crazy_Bug_Lady @Rosie @Former-Member @PeppiPatty @Jacques @kristin @Alessandra1992 @SimpleAsThis

I'm still in the middle of cooking so just pop whenever you like. Smiley Wink

Care to come along?

MMmmm... Broccoli on pizza looks interesting...

I'm having a bit of a bleh day, so I'm gonna stay curled up with my blanket and eat vegimite crumpets. I have a real vegimite problem atm...

I'll make some yummy spiders for us to drink. Cat Happy

spider.jpg

Topic of discussion... Anyone read any good books lately?? I like reading sci-fi/fantasy (like fntasy best) type books, just finished the Uglies series (V. triggering btw, body image is the plot, self harm mentioned and glorified). Anyone got any idea for what I can read next??

Hey @Crazy_Bug_Lady

Did you hear about this? They found the world's larget stick insect!

No I didn't @CherryBomb, interesting read though. but it's only the second largest in the world. 😛 

World's largest is just under 57cm. http://www.nhm.ac.uk/about-us/news/2008/october/worlds-longest-insect-revealed22619.html sorry, dunno how to do the short link like you've done.

Those drinks look amazing! Though I'm not quite sure what flavour the blue drink is meant to be?

Great idea snuggling up with a blanket and crumpets if you're feeling bleh...I love vegemite on crumpets - with lots of butter. mmmmm

Good books? Great discussion choice. I do love reading but am currently held up with study at the moment. That said, my partner was completely engrossed with reading a fantasy series. Will ask them what it was once they get home later, and let you know.  I've not read any sci fi/fantasy but am seriously contemplating reading Games of Thrones - not sure the television series is doing it justice. What your thoughts about Games of Thrones (apart from the violence, and gratuitous nudity). Also open to book suggestions!

@Crazy_Bug_Lady Eeeeep! That's not a 'stick' insect, it's a 'branch' insect.

Forgot to ask in my last post, what's your favourite book?

Former-Member
Not applicable

so cold here so pumpkin soup tonight

pumpkin soup pic.jpeg

It has been a hard week but not much to say about it. My poor cats have got the flu as well! they're sneezing all the time and so sniffy, poor things! It is a little bit funny though, when they make each other jump when they sneeze.

LJ

Former-Member
Not applicable

I love sci fi too, one of my favourites is a short story called 'The door into summer' by Robert Heinlein

I also love the belgriad serries by David Eddings

I've read the game of throne books (A song of Ice and Fire). The first tv series was okay, but it's been getting further from the books since. I've not seen the current season yet. I didn't mind the books.

I really can't pick a favourite book...

The first full book I read by myself was Black Beauty, so that's got a special place for me... I've had to buy a few copies since, I keep reading them to pieces. 😛
I love the Black Magician Triliogy (and the prequel and sequel series) by Trudi Canavan. Aussie writer too. 😄

I've not read any David Eddings before. Should I look into it?? 😛

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance