Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Emotional Overload

HeartHey Wild _Rose I'm glad posting here has been a supportive process it goes to show how talking and sharing with others that truly understand can shift some of the confusion and heaviness I know you've been struggling with. As for your husband I'm sure he'll be able to appreciate you firstly for being brave enough to do this but your relationship will benefit greatly from you addressing the concerns. I'm also pretty sure work places have to be really careful around looking after and supporting individuals with mental health. There's been big improvements over the last few years and I don't think they would risk the consequences of laying you off. Trust me we can't predict how things will play out so not much use wasting your time and energy overthinking the worst. Even the last post sounded somewhat more positive, I'm aware how our moods fluctuate but maybe you have found some comfort in your decision. I believe you are doing exactly what you need to do 

Re: Emotional Overload

Hi @wild_rose 

ive had many emotional overload times over the years. It's so hard to manage. I've been hospitalised prob 10 times over the past ten years. A few times it was to chsnge my meds but most of the time it was to "recharge" myself. I just needed time out. I did feel like a failure for going in but after speaking to wonderful staff at the hospital I realised I needed help snd a break. 
All my admissions have been fantastic only staying no longer than 3 weeks. 

give it a go.  I think it will be good for you. Do you see a psych or psychologist? 
wishing you all the best in your decision. 
I totally understand the fear the anxiety around hodpital stay. And I also understand the emotional roller coaster and overload. That's me quite a bit lately. 
take care xxx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance