Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Ant7
Senior Contributor

February sucks

I have been good really good for about a year but February was not cool not cool at all. It was 12 months since my lowest point and everything has been getting on top of me again.

My kids who all have their own issues going on have all started University and that has caused some stress and issues within our house and family.

My wife has started a new job she is enjoying it but she is very stressed and spending more and more time at work and she is always tired which is causing issues between us.

We have had some financial issues going on as well and again have caused my wife and I a lot of stress and argument.

My work has told us that they are going to let 4 people go from my section but at least they have given us time to get used to the idea. 

My dad has been told he is in kidney failure which has been caused by the treatment he has been getting for his heart failure.

I have been struggling with all of this and it has been bad there have been some bad thoughts. Anyway I just wanted to get some of this off my chest as I don’t really have anyone in my life that I can talk to about things

32 REPLIES 32

Re: February sucks

thinking of you @Ant7

Go easy

@Ant7  Hi Ant7 if it doesn't rain it pours! Sorry to hear you have had so many problems to deal with all in the one go. Family problems are so hard to deal with at the best of times but having one more thing like your father's illness on top of other stresses can be overwhelming.

As for your job try not to worry my ex has been made redundant in the past and now works as a consultant and does very well for himself. Change even forced change can be a good thing.

Take good care of yourself. Loads of love. greenpea xxx

@greenpea  @MDT 

Thanks I appreciate it 

It has been a hard few weeks and I have been trying so hard not to spiral down but it’s just not really working. Tonight has been ok though I think getting it off my chest has helped also I have had some good music going at work and I think it’s lifting my mood 

@Ant7  certainly sounds like you have been having a tough time. I love music 🙂 it always helps me when I am feeling blue or stressed. What music are you listening to?:)

@greenpea  I have been listening to a bunch of stuff but mainly Camp Cope and Ruby Fields. What music do you like 

@Ant7  I don't know them . What style of music are they? I will look them up later and have a listen :). I like a variety (like you) anything from rap to psychedlic rock to some country. I'm a post punk child so I grew up with bands like The Cure and Simple Minds etc. so occassionally I go back and listen to the bands of my youth as well.

So basically I love all kinds of styles of music 🙂

@greenpea  I don’t really like R&B or rap but I like most other stuff.

Ruby Fields is like Indy rock and Camp Cope is like folk punk. Do you remember the band Red Gum? The singer from Camp Cope is the daughter of one of the band members 

@Ant7  I do like Indie rock. I like grunge too. I remember the name Red Gum! that is all I remember .... can you recommend a song to listen too and I will find it now and let you know what I think of it.

@greenpea  Right now I am listening to Ruby Fieds Ritalin

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance