Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Help please...

hey @Angels33 yeah I am safe thanks. I am just taking it easy watching youtube. I will then probably watch a bit of tv

I'll end up back here tomorrow and it repeats. Idk..

Thanks though @Angels333

Yea I get it @MDT 

I'm struggling a bit with SH trying to manage at home and avoid hospital. 

me too @Angels333

Can't handle it lately.

Not a loser at all, @MDT, you're well loved on here Heart It can be tough to love ourselves some days though, especially because when others look at us, they see what we've allowed them to see, but when we look at ourselves we see it all. Have you tried writing a list of things you think others might see in you? For here, we see you as very caring, compassionate, kind, intelligent, motivated (both at the gym and in your self growth), insightful (you always write well thought out comments to others when they need them). They say to be interesting you have to be interested, and you have always shown an interest in your fellow forumites, so we find life more interesting with you around Smiley Happy

I appreciate that @Ali11 that's very kind to say so

I feel like a loser because of my situation though and nothing is changing that...

Now my sister is carrying on.

Wtf is my life anyway

You just reminded us of Lucas in Empire Records @MDT, "What's with today, today?". Have you seen that film? We also just saw a quote image earlier that felt timely, it said "Maybe it won't work out. But maybe seeing if it does will be the best adventure ever." Life will never go exactly as we plan, but if we remember to enjoy the moments and focus on what is going well and not what is going wrong, then we're in a better head space to solve any of the problems that are causing us grief. You're a great guy, and things will improve, we're sure of that Heart  

I have had terrible time the past three days... the interviews and getting a job yet are making me regret university. I feel sick and upset at myself. It's repetitive and dulling me. Idk what to do anymore.
I feel as if I am wasting my life and valuable time that could be used to save, gain experience etc.

Hi @MDT  thinking of you and sending lots of warm vibes of support your way.  I agree with everything @Ali11  has said.  I also like the saying 'if you dip your toes in the water each day, eventually you will swim' - going to interviews is kinda dipping your toes in the water.  You are amazing to me in the way you persevere, and keeping up with going to the gym too.  In no way a loser (I don't believe in winners and losers).  There's another saying 'all the stones you walk on give you strong feet' that I like.  What you are going through will give you compassion for others going through something similar.  

I wonder if you've thought of doing any sort of part-time volunteer work?  That often looks good to interviewers, and can give you a sense of doing something positive and contributing to community with the time you have between all your job search activities.  There are a lot of e.g. climate/environment activist groups around these days that love to have new people get involved.  One I am thinking of is AYCC - the Australian Youth Climate Council (up to 30 years of age).  Not sure if you're interested in that sort of thing but just wanted to give you an example.

Hope today is a better one for you.  You have a lot of support here.  Take care.

Hey @eth
I appreciate your words of wisdom 🙂
I only just woke up and have slept a long time. I will reflect on things for a bit before I make anymore posts here 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance