Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: I worry about my parents and my siblings

Hi @outlander! 😄

Sorry I took a while to respond to this!

My avatar is a statue from Italy of Cupid (the Ancient Roman God of Love) and Psyché (an incredibly beautiful mortal woman). My Forum name actually refers to Cupid (Amore - Love) and Psyché (Psyché - which can be translated to mind or soul). These two ideas - Love and Mind - embody my passions.

If you are interested, you can watch this little Youtube clip on the story of Cupid and Psyché - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjj_-CPxjCM

Kindest Regards,

Amour_Et_Psyché

Hi @NicK 🙂

Just letting you know I have seen your message and will respond to it as soon as I get the chance!

Kindest,

Amour_Et_Psyché

Hi @NicK Smiley Very Happy

Finally got the opportunity to fully respond back to you. I am glad you have found your psychologist helpful, and that you have strategies to help you cope with your anxiety (i.e., practicing mindfulness). As you said, mindfulness - or any strategy for that matter -  is not for everyone. Ultimately, it is about finding what works for you!

Yes, having people who support you and bring you positive, rather than negative energy, can be so helpful - I am glad you have found such support in your two best friends and your boyfriend.

You actually seem to have lots of positives in you life @NicK! A very big CONGRATULATIONS to you for getting into uni - that is a huge accomplishment! Smiley Very Happy But, it is understandable that you are still worried about your family. Have you tried setting a quiet time aside to have a conversation with one or both of your parents? Doing this in a calm way, and iterating your care and concern for your parents/siblings, could really encourage your family to seek the support they need. Do you think this is a possibility?

Kindest Regards,

Amour_Et_Psyché

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance