Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Lacking direction, unsure of what I need to do and generally just fed up.......

Good luck @MDT 

Re: Lacking direction, unsure of what I need to do and generally just fed up.......

Wishing you all the best with it @MDT ....

how did you go @MDT Heart

Hi @MDT 

It's a good idea to talk to your grandfather about blood pressure - he will know more about how it affects your family and also - he would be in a position to help you understand it and reassure you

I gather you are still very young - that is what I recall from past info I think - I am about your grandad's age possibly - I'm a senior citizen anyway - and I take Blood Pressure medication and I can tell you there are a lot of different kinds of medication for blood pressure and if one doesn't suit you there are others 

I only take half a tablet at night and it works - my blood pressure is fine and I don't notice and side effects of the medication - it is a good idea to keep Blood pressure under control

All the best though - I will be glad to hear how things go 

Dec

@outlander @Shaz51 @Zoe7 @TAB @greenpea @BlueBay @Meowmy @Everan @Appleblossom @frog @eth @Gazza75 @Angels33 @Sophia1 @Faith-and-Hope @CheerBear
@Ant7 @Adge @Former-Member @Owlunar @Scarecrowe @Dani1981

So my BP is high but my heart muscle is not thick.
This means my heart is not struggling to pump blood which is what is associated with high blood pressure. He said it is possibly the white coat effect where our subconscious mind plays tricks on us and stresses us into thinking about it. Placebo effect.

My ecg was fine. My sister has QT issues and that was a worry as one of my MH meds can react badly with that but it's okay.

I need to have a monitor placed on me for 24hrs. So Thursday I will go back and have it placed on.

It's a bummer of machine to sleep. But it is what it is.

Glad your ECG was fine @MDT 

yeah thst 24 hr monitor is hard to go much let alone sleep. 
so are they putting you on meds? 
take care my friend ❤️

Nah. That's later if need be @BlueBay
Guess that's what the monitor is there to test.

I am getting angsty about covid19. Not the disease itself. But what it's doing to civil society and how people are losing their marbles.
Makes me want to stay at home even longer.. which is not a good response.

@MDT  I'm a bit like you. It's such a crazy fearful time. I'm not going to wirk yet because of my health. 
to be honest I'm not really thinking about work. 
take it easy my friend cx

You too @BlueBay
🙂

hope everything comes up clear for you @MDT
white coat syndrome and stress plays a huge role in bp and heart stuff so I hope its just your anxiety atm
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance