Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

@Snowie I hope you rest up hun, I’ve heard ECT can be exhausting 💖🫂

It's not as bad as doing it 3 times per week @creative_writer At least only doing it once per month, it doesn't affect my memory much.

We just have to be in there early, about 7am. Takes a good hour to get there, especially in peak hour traffic.

Just staying in bed for now with my weighted blanket. Things are safe here.

How are you going?

@Snowie a weighted blanket sounds comforting. Do you have much planned for the evening.

Trying to push through uni, but my brain isn’t braining right now

No, nothing planned @creative_writer 

I want to escape from myself, from my mind.

Can you give your brain a bit of a rest? Any plans for you for tonight?

@Snowie oops forgot to respond to your message. How are you feeling today? 💖

Hi @creative_writer 

Well I got to the dentist this morning which was good.

Spent the rest of the day on the couch trying to use my sp. The SW was meant to come but he didn't make it. I contacted LL which helped just getting some things out. I tried to be honest with them, but didn't want anyone turning up at my door, so held back a bit. However it just showed me how damaged I am. 

Sorry just venting.

How has your day been?

@Snowie sending you lots of hugs 💖🫂. Here to listen. I totally get you on not wanting someone to turn up at the door, it’s tough. Did it still help to get some things out?

Im just having one of those night rn. I was okay during the day though

It helped but the thoughts are still there @creative_writer I really don't want to sit with them. My mind and body are betraying me.

I just worry that they will turn up and then I have to explain things to the kids.

I'm sorry your night isn't going great. Here too if you need to chat

@Snowie it’s hard with family. My parents absolutely freaked when I had them called over.

I’m not sure what to do about the stuff brewing in my mind. I don’t feel well physically either. I feel the rumination kicking in

Last time it happened my whole family was home. I then had to explain myself to hubby and had to tell the kids something too @creative_writer 

I'm sorry you feel that way tonight hon. It is hard feeling that way. Have you got anyone to talk to about the things brewing in your mind? Remember we are all here.

I don't think I can say what I wish for tonight.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance