Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

Pretty easy going for me so far @Snowie My sister came for a visit this morning with her dog. He is such a funny little fella - pretty much emo[ptied out Toby's toys trying to fin one he wanted to play with then found one outside that he usually plays with. Once he finds one he likes he becomes obsessed with it. We call Toby my special boy and my sister's dog our special needs boy - I swear he is an autistic dog Smiley Surprised

Going to mow the lawn a bit later - need to get out of my jammies first lol Will then vacuum as well and settle in for a night of relaxing and MAFS Smiley Tongue

Sounds like a quiet day for both of us @Zoe7 . Need to go do some food shopping but will do that later.

Glad your sister came to visit, that must have been nice for the dogs to have a play together.

They don't play together @Snowie Her dog finds a toy and becomes obsessed with playing with that and Toby lays somewhere (usually close to me or my sister) and receives lots of pats. They get on well though - pretty much leaving each other to themselves and that works. Occasionally they will have a play fight with lots of growling and jumping at each other - often instigted by Toby - but for the most part they just do their own thing. My sisters partner has asked me to look after their dog for a weekend so he can take her away somewhere for the weekend so that will be an interesting weekend when it happens. I will have to go around to their place to feed their cat twice a day too but that will be okay - they have done a lot for e lately so it is the least I can do.

Toby seems to have planned it out well @Zoe7 . Gets double pats from both you and your sister.

I hope you get the mowing and vacuuming done today.

Yes Toby has it all sussed that is for sure. He does love my sister and that is good incase he needs to be looked after by her for any reason @Snowie 

I might head off now and try to get some things done - starting with the mowing. It will take a bit longer to do today as it has grown quite a bit with the rain and nicer weather again. It still should only take about half an hour though.

Might catch up with you a bit later Hon - hope you have a good afternoon Heart

Mowing done @Snowie It took longer than expected - the mower is not cutting very well - will need to sharpen the blades but no doing that today. 

Going to put some more washing on, clean the bathroom and rest for a little while before I tackle the vacuuming.

I also need to put the pillow and cushion covers back on that I washed yesterday from one of Toby's (many) beds. He will need that area for tomorrow as that is where he sleeps when I am at work - at least for some of the day as I always come home to pillows on the floor lol 

Hope you are having an okay afternoon and have gotten out to do the shopping

You have achieved a lot today @Zoe7 

Yes got the shopping done, clothes washed, tea cooked, dishes washed, now sitting down watching MAFS.

Watching MAFS too @Snowie Already taken my night meds and bed is ready for me. My bag is packed for tomorrow already so hoping to get to sleep early and be up and mobile early too. I have been struggling to get moving in the mornings so hoping by having my meds earlier I will be a little better in the morning.

You are so organised @Zoe7 . Hopefully taking your night meds early will help. I know Tuesday's for you is normally a long day.

Already starting to get sleepy @Snowie but that is not surprising considering how tired I have been feeling since this afternoon. Think I will head off forum, record the rest of MAFS and head to bed. The fur babies have had their night biscuits so they are sorted. I have been waking up during the night but very much hoping I won't tonight.

Hope you sleep well Hon. Goodnight from me, Toby and Cat Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance