Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Mumsie2boys
Casual Contributor

Struggling mum, Please Help!

Hi all! 

I'm new to this group and the whole reaching out thing as I usually bottle things up until I explode, so please bear with me whole I learn the ropes, and hopefully this all makes sense and isn't to much all over the place.

I have just had a baby who is now 3 weeks old and I am struggling hard with my post natal. I'm feeling quiet numb and empty, I'm crying everyday because my baby won't stop screaming/crying. I'm finding it hard to get out of bed and wanting to get on with my day. I'm lonely and none of my friends have bothered to msg to see how I am after having bub. 

I just want to run away from all of it. I love my boys (I also have a 3yr old) but I honestly don't know what do to anymore.

How do I fix this? How do I learn to cope before it all becomes to much and it becomes something I can never return from.

Please help me 

16 REPLIES 16

Re: Struggling mum, Please Help!

@Mumsie2boys 

If you live close, I'd love to help as I love kids and babies. Why don't you hire nanny or babysitter to help out? There are many out there who love kids and babies and would take them as their own. 

I'm full of envy of your kids..Smiley Wink

Hi @Mumsie2boys 

Thankyou for reaching out tonight, a support option to consider would be PANDA https://www.panda.org.au/ 

All the best with your journey,  

Kuu

Unfortunately hiring a nanny or babysitter is just not available for us as they are costly. 

We have heaps of family who help out but it's just not the same. It's hard to cope aswell due to not only my post natal but I struggle with separation anxiety etc.

I wish I knew how to stop feeling this way

@Mumsie2boys 

There are many au pair who works in exchange of food and accommodation, no need for cash involved.

But I understand all mums would love to care for their children themselves and if so, building a healthy lifestyle habit of balanced diet and exercise should get you back in shape. If you're having too much fun with your kids, you'll forget the exhaustion and depression. 

You might just be venting here, hope you get better soon. 

Dear sweet girl please please be gentle on yourself ❤️💙. This can be such a tough chapter in our lives 😔. We have high expectations on ourselves at the best of times and then we go through pregnancy, birth, lack of sleep and company and wonder  why we get frazzled and burnt out 😱. Strongly suggest you talk with your GP or community nurse and share how you're feeling. Take some notes with you to help you make yourself clear.  It's very important that you get support now and ongoing. Stay in touch brave girl 👍blessings Folly

@Folly @Mumsie2boys  i’m Just stopping by to say welcome. @Mumsie2boys  I think you are in good hands with @Folly . 💕💕

Thank you maggie

Hi @Mumsie2boys 

Having a new baby is not always the joyous experience it's set out to be.

We adoptrd our first child. I was at work one day and the next had an angry little bundle who screamed constantly- I had no idea what had struck me  - what a culture shock!

I certainly understand  - and my  doctor told me some babies make every one's lives he'll for months. What can you do?

To begin- what you are feeling is perfectly normal. It's good you have posted here and you have had some people respond.

You can contact PANDA who can help with post natal depression and get some rest yourself whenever you get both of your boys down  - and there is no need to do it all if you have family to help - take that help please 

But above all  - that screaming babies are common and yes  - you have one now. Do you have enough milk if you are breast feeding. Try you GP and district nurse- their is help in the community. And it won't last forever  - it just feels like it  - and it is really tough 

Dec

@Mumsie2boys  I had a foster daughter who scrambled for months. I remember well the inadequate feelings. Though it was a long time ago now, I still hear and remember well, the exhaustion. Please take care of yourself. 💕💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance