Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: The safety phenomenon.

Wondering if I'll ever find answers. 

Great you are upskilling about attachment theory. @CheerBear 

But helping people is all about how things are applied and we each are unique.

That sounds terrible @Former-Member  the way you had it drummed into you.

I can relate to some aspects of your story, but maybe not as messed up in the foster system ... as I only had 2 ... and the 2nd lot were violent.and I was "happy" ha ha to go back to orphanages  ... anyway at 7 ... group homes seemed safer ...

I posted about attachment theory way back when I began on the forum ... as I was trying to shift the conversation ... from only talk about MH lables and meds and pdo cs .... just opening up things a bit.

Sometimes being a loner can feel safer ...

Former-Member
Not applicable

Oh the memories, I was placed in "residential therapeutic care home" in my teens, and I would rather have spent my teens in a straightjacket being tasered. In fact, a lot of the beyond awful involuntary psych admissions were eons better than that hellhole. And that's really saying something. 

Alone for me is a preference. Doesn't have any safety attached to it, because I am alone in the wrong body and having to force myself to exist when I'd much rather not. I understand why it is for a lot of others though, and I think maybe it would be if I didn't have the existence I do, or if it could change how I need it to.......

But that's wishful thinking. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Wish I could communicate what's really going on, but at the same time, I know all too well that even if I could it wouldn't matter, because its not like anyone can actually do anything about it.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance