Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: not coping

@outlander it's hard being called "attention seeker", I have sort of been called that when I first developed depression, then my parents sort of accepted that it wasn't a phase. They initially thought I was just a moody teen. They didn't let me go into therapy or take meds till I turned 18. I sort of lived my miserable 17 year old life coping with emotions and migraines the best I could. I had to choice between health or finishing my high school. I was told I would have to delay graduation otherwise, so I just graduated before I turned 18.

My parents hated the idea of me going to hospital, so I kind of had to stay safe, the oldest child has to be the glue. They hated when the police came over for a welfare check. They just don't trust the system. I just learnt to keep stuff from them, if they don't know, they won't worry. I have been in short stay in hospital, just never in a psych ward.

@outlander and @tyme I hate how everything is so expensive now, the gap fees have increased for my psych, paying one session upfront (without medicare) doesn't seem like a economically viable option

Good morning hon @outlander 

Hoping your day is going well. I think you were going to see your Pop today.

Morning @outlander 

Hoping things have been going ok lately. 

Sending 💌💌

Thanks @Snowie ❤️

@creative_writer ❤️

@outlander how are you feeling today? 💖

Struggling today @creative_writer

@outlander what’s been happening for you today?

This phase of life is just prooving to be a challange @creative_writer

I didn’t realise how much freedom would change things for me.

Hey @outlander ,

I hear it is bringing up a lot of emotions for you. 

In a way, I can relate in that I think back to 'kids' moving from school to adulthood. While at school, everything is dictated by rules e.g. the uniform they wear, the time they need to go to class, the time they can eat, the time they can go home... then suddenly, after school, I find a lot of young people become 'lost' with the 'freedom' they get.

Is this sort of the same feeling? Feel free to say no if it's no where near! But when you posted about freedom, this is what came up for me.

That sort of 'lost' feeling and not knowing what to do, but knowing you need to do something!!!!

We want to hold this space for you as we know it's a challenging time to navigate.

tyme

@outlander 💖🫂 sitting with you
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance