Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Serenity1
Senior Contributor

😢

I can't breathe - I don't want to feel like this anymore - I can't breathe

6 REPLIES 6

Re: 😢

@Serenity1 

Heart

You have been under so much pressure.  

One way to get yourself to breathe is to push all the air inside you out and the lungs just have to fill again.  That bit is non voluntary.  It will happen.

Thinking of you.

Hugs @Serenity1. As @Appleblossom said, you have been under so much pressure 🙁

Did you get to see your pych yesterday? (I think it was supposed to be yesterday - sorry if I got that wrong)

More thoughts for you ❤
Serenity1
Senior Contributor

@Appleblossom thankyou 💖 I was having a panic attack brought on by an email I received from support worker & the stuff in it-& simultaneously watching neighbours where someone died & the guy was getting the whole streets help & support & it triggered my memories of when my mum died & I collapsed & had to look after my toddler daughter & I asked my teenage son to come see me & help me& he replied no he was staying at his friends- no one from my family helped me & infact I was being actively emotionally abused by them esp. Mums narcissist husband who was trying to end me - or have me end myself or end up in hospital. 💖 Thanks for your support 💖
Serenity1
Senior Contributor

@Appleblossom I will have to try & remember that technique - I did try afterwards when saw ur comment- unfortunately my daughter saw I couldn't breathe & started getting upset - which made my anxiety attack even worse because I was worried about her 😢
Serenity1
Senior Contributor

@CheerBear 💖Thankyou for your kind thoughts- yes way too much pressure! I have been feeling delirious lately from stress & insomnia & not eating -
Yes! I saw the psych & she was very supportive! - but goes away for 3 weeks holiday after next week 😭

Just glad you got through it. @Serenity1 It sounds terribly triggering.

There are heaps of breathing techniques on the net.  Choose some that suit you.  I like that one as it lets us be aware of what is voluntary and involuntary. Maybe with your daughter you can do a few breathing things for settling around sleeping, and maybe reduce the fear of it for her and you.

It is hard getting today's teenagers to help if they are not in the mood.  Take care of you and your littlie and congrats on getting the big boy ... big ...lol ... if you know what I mean.

Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance