Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: why can't I cope longer?

You good @Zoe7 ? Any talk of school back yet? Work? Posting?

Can you recommend any town in Tassy where I can have a couple weeks away in the hills & cool fresh air?

No news yet about school or grade - still waiting to find out where I will be @Former-Member Hoping to find out some news on Tuesday but if I don't I'll be ringing Wednesdy morning. It is getting way too close to going back and it will make it harder to get organised for the start of school.

Anywhere in Tassie there are beautiful towns to visit. At the moment there are many bushfires burning so the air is still quite smoky. Strahan on the west coast is beautiful but apart from the tourist things like the train and cruise on the river I don't knw what else there is to do there. It is quite some distance from Hobart or Launceston but a nice place to visit for a few days. It depends what you want to do and if it is just relax in your own company and get away from it all then Strahan would be a great place to be. If you based yourself in Hobart then you always within an hour of beaches and the bush - depends again on what you want to do.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Zoe7,
Not sure what I want really, or whats workanle, well I
- don't want to be alone, but am
- need a break away, somewhere nice, but also, afraid of dark thoughts on my own.
- lease up here soon & I need to o find somewhere but lots of trouble finding rentals with a dog and low income 😞

Really hope your job situation panscout OK. Not very professional beingbleft in limbo this late in the picture. Hope you don't 'internalize' the way you're treated like I tend to. Stay strong... I'll say a prayer...

I am trying not to let it get to me but it is getting way too close to school going back to find out where I'll be. It is not like other jobs that you can walk into the workplace in the morning and leave at the end of the day - there is so much to get organised for it and then so much on-going planning to do. I am doing really well with the waiting but I feel that the longer it takes this week the more anxious I will get. I hope I find out something on Tuesday @Former-Member

That really sucks about your lease being up - does that mean you have to move or you want to move? 

Former-Member
Not applicable

I've been granted a 'periodical' Zoe, but hi she is on the market so its inevitable & I need somewhere else to feel settled. Wish I had more energy, less pain, more motivation and support... but greatful at least that they're granting me monthly extensions on lease till I find somewhere. Can't wait. My Genie furbaby woke me with her gorgeous gentle manner this am, really need somewhere that will let me have pets. This is making bit heaps harder but sticking to my guns on this one, some days I wouldn't leave the house of I didn't have the dog food to get. Think you understand this. Dashed out last night for some. Can't seem to get out of bed atm but bettet go offline and force myself. Back later :).

So pleased they are letting you stay until the house sells @Former-Member  but the finding somewhere else which has low rent and allows pets is a touogh one for you. I really hope something comes up soon for you and then you can move in and feel more secure in your life. Animals are wonderful to remind us that there is something special in our lives - my fur babies do that for me too.

Hope you have a good rest and will catch you later Smiley Very Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks Zoe, you're the only one talking to me here really.
Ive been crying for hours today, the emotional pain is so intense, I really don't think I have the strength to carry on anymore, such a cruel unjust world, its bad, do you hear me? have you felt this? What do you do to stop it? It hurts so bad I want to vomit. Took myself to bed, might need a barbiturate. Scares me, feeling like this. Frozen Fire!

Been there many times @Former-Member  and know how debilitating it is when you feel like you can't go on. What actually got me through was support on here - it only takes one person to walk with you and believe it will get better for you to make a difference. I was lucky enough to have a couple of people do that for me here and it definitely made all the difference for me. I hope I can do the same for you Heart

The feelings you are having are natural reactions when life seems to be hard - I have no quick fixes though @Former-Member  All I can do is be here to support you, to listen and to let you know that eventually it does get better - but it does take time.

Hi @Former-Member 

I am a moderator, I am so sorry to hear how hard today has been for you. 

I just sent you an email! 

@Former-Member  I need to head off to bed so I can be up early for work tomorrow. I hope you can sleep well tonight and start again tomorrow. It is great that @mufasa  is here to support you tonight Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance