Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useful resources

Re: World Health Organisation guidelines for person-centred and human rights based mental health services

Ooops @Former-Member @HenryX  Thanks for clarifying.

I read everyone ... at first ... then forgot to change it when I realised you really meant @Everalone as I was looking for possible interested forumites.

Hope I did not anyone with tags.

Apple

Re: World Health Organisation guidelines for person-centred and human rights based mental health services

Hey @Everalone, I just discovered that I didn't tag you properly. Sorry about that as well @Appleblossom.

Hey @HenryX, I only came back to these forums an hour ago now, and have just noticed my editing mistakes when I tag people, as well as a few other typing mistakes. Lol I've been fixing these mistakes as when I do a post I sometimes find out hours later that I've accidently buggered it up. Anyway, I think I've sorted out a tagging issue and at least most typing mistakes. I also use a Bluetooth keyboard which plays up sometimes, which doesn't help. Anyway, let's see how this post goes when I post it! Haha! Thanks @Appleblossom and @HenryX! Am gonna eat dinner now. Am safe. Am not bad-tempered tonight, sorry for my shitty sooky moods lately, it explains things, just doesn't excuse them. My ligitimate excuse though, is I need more NDIS cooperation and more cooperation from the mental health people which presumably will occur now, I just have to patiently (although reluctantly and crankily) wait for this crap to settle now because people are in the works of now organising a few things thank heavens! Will be back after dinner!😆 I'm just so fed up with the waiting lists, and time taken just to get the support services that I need when I need help the most. Once again thank you for understanding guys and I'll see you back on these forums soon!

Hello @Former-Member , @Former-Member , @Appleblossom@Sophia1@Ripples  and other visitors to the thread

@Former-Member, the reason that I recognise errors and am able to pick things up is mostly because I've done it all myself, and still make errors. The problem then, a couple of hours, or a day later, is to work out why something happened, so that I can avoid doing it again.

I remember reading of a pilot, in the second world war, who, when complemented on his flying skill, responded by saying,

"Well actually I am probably alive because I was the worst pilot. The enemy were trained in all the methods that a flyer could use to evade the opposing aircraft. I just did everything so incorrectly that whatever I did was not what the enemy pilot expected." 

So, it appears that one can occasionally survive, by doing things "badly or incorrectly".

I'm really pleased with the upgrades and expansion of the toolbar, at the top of the Reply box, that enables much easier presentation of material, without having to work back and forth from a word processor.

I guess we can put this conversation under the heading of our "Human Rights", even if that might be stretching the intention.

It is often hard to see the effect of bodies such as the World Health Organisation when it comes down to community and personal issues. I suppose, if we are aware of developments on the macro, or world scale, we may be able to be instrumental in making connections between that level and the areas in our communities that are closer to us.

I liked @Ripples post regarding the setting up of Trauma Recovery Centres on the N.S.W. South Coast. Such grass-roots based operations often require the support of organisations and government structures that may be far removed from each other, but are connected and mutually supported by a common foundation of evidence and research based information and guidelines.

With Best Wishes

@HenryX 

love that pilot anecodote @HenryX 

gonna chew on that one for a bit.

All good @Former-Member 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance