Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Jaycee
New Contributor

Munchenhausen - Fictitious Disease - family member

I have a family member who for years has had 'issues' bigger and beyond anyone elses
I find it difficult to enjoy their company due to their topic of conversation, very isolated person, all memories embellished, not many friends, gets no sympathy from family (not enough to make this the reason), have no idea why choses this life style, he is very frustrated as to why no one can help him, Dr shops, always given all clear, not convinced, self diagnoses, absolutely believes what they have diagnosed themselves with to be true (intolerance to all foods) - extremely intelligent person - I miss who they were and don't know how to confront them, they would be devastated if they knew I felt this way ... feeling lost 
might I add qualified phsycologist - always very superior, prefers to be alone as most people are 'stupid' - I do feel sad i'm writing this - just need to know has anyone else been through something like this - I don't think there will ever be a resolution -  just need to ask - AND I'm paranoid they will actually read this !

1 REPLY 1

Re: Munchenhausen - Fictitious Disease - family member

Hello @Jaycee 

Sounds like a difficult situation, the fact you posted here shows your care and kindness. You might want to check this story out...Jo (sane.org). We are here to help and you can contact us here...Contact us (sane.org). Hope this is useful 🙂

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance