Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Tired and lonely

Hello and thank you so much for your reply. It’s good to hear you have some supports through the NDIS. Im also with the NDIS but unfortunately ended up cancelling most of my supports ( schizoaffective disorder rears its head, literally), so really am with none now. I want help, but end up pushing people away. I have cancelled so many appointments I cannot keep count, it’s frustrating. I’ve ruined any chance of any friendships I could have made, most people know Im unwell, and they keep a wide berth. Im tired due to medication but also I have so many things I do during the day. I am the carer of my ASD teenager, and I homeschool. So I wake up tired and go to bed tired. It’s exhausting. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Kyle1, thank you for your kind words. had to google what aspies was.
Former-Member
Not applicable

@Kyle1 I end the day pretty drained caring for a teen with ASD. I have so many worries and just want to be so compassionate and caring and understanding…am I doing the right thing? Who knows. I just have to keep on keeping on and trust my instincts I guess. We have support from a psychiatrist and counsellor so I am so grateful for that. But I sometimes want answers quicker than they can give me. 

hi @Former-Member 

I don't know where on the spectrum your teen sits. Mine are high functioning, so it isn't the struggle for me as it may be for some, I admit...

But you mentioned being compassionate and understanding, and if it's the right thing?

My response is: always.

And if you're able, apply these virtues and behaviour to yourself, aswell.

I know that can be hard sometimes. We get overwhelmed. Isolated. Beat ourselves up... But we keep trying, hey? 

And yes, having supports like psych and counsellor are something to be grateful for.

But may I ask: what is it that you want answers for so quickly??

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Kyle1 , I just meant in terms of the waiting for NDIS support. It would mean so many more supports would become available for my teen. It would change our lives. And I totally agree: compassion and understanding ALWAYS. 

what do have planned for tonight, @Former-Member ?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Honestly, I plan to fold a mountain of laundry

Hey @Peacemaker @Kyle1 ,

I believe the above message from @Former-Member is for you.

Former-Member
Not applicable

No, @Kyle1 have decided to take some time for ME and am going to delve into those gardening books I picked up from the library the other day. 

oh, thank you @tyme 

Wow @Former-Member ... imagine how good its going to feel to conquer a mountain!! 👍

We are having a pies and movie nite at home on the couch. School hols have officially begun 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance