Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Re: What does your forums' name mean?

@Oaktree  love the analogy🌳

Hi @tyme 

My "Asgard" was actually a sailing ship we trained on, not the Nordic heaven most people think it relates to.  She was an amazing ship where I experienced true freedom.

Very nice @Asgard 🙂

Thanking you most kindly @Shaz51  🙂

@Asgard 

Thanks for sharing.

I often find myself dreaming of true freedom as you say. There are moments in life that may indeed give us a little taste and window into it. Glad you had that experience.

As a point of reflection, I wonder what makes true freedom. I guess there are so many individual answers to it.

For me it might be a feeling of being in the right place at the right time.

@Asgard wrote:

Hi @tyme 

My "Asgard" was actually a sailing ship we trained on, not the Nordic heaven most people think it relates to.  She was an amazing ship where I experienced true freedom.

How meaningful! Thank you so much for sharing @Asgard !

@Minkie-Rose 

I recall mentioning this thread in our recent conversation. Such an inspiring read to hear some of the stories behind our profile names.

My forum name honours the memory of a little Siamese cat that passed away a few years ago. A sensitive and intuitive little soul that my partner and I miss terribly. 

I have been privileged to enjoy the companionship of many non-human species over my life, who invariably provided me with the unconditional love and emotional support to help me navigate life's challenges. The following quote aptly sums up these feelings:

“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one’s soul remains unopened”.

Anatole France

Or, as the current vice chancellor of a university was said to me "animals are are only known companions in the universe, so why wouldn't we protect and love them". 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance