Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

faithandhope
Casual Contributor

Where Do I Start

Hello Everyone

this is my first time on this site and also my first time using online discussions. Have spent most of my life in face to face therapy and support groups and of course using endless journals handwritten throughout all of my healing and getting my life back..

Now i find myself overwhelmed and not sure which path to take to accept and live my new normal life.  After spending over three decades healing and moving forward from childhood abuse i entered into the world of addiction. Determined to be a surviror and not a statistic i finally recovered from my addications. 

Spending almost 10 years of building a life i wanted and was happy with i was not ready for what was around the corner.  

my personal life was moving in the right positive direction. i had a life plan if my ptsd or anxiety would get triggered and my professional life was also on track.

A few years ago i was in an accident which set me back.

Follwed by several medical conditions some of which where curable and a couple that didnt have a curre. Hence my new normal.

Its like im in a bad dream. everypart of my life needs to be reset however a year ago my anxiety levels have been through the roof, my ptsd is at its worse and my well written plan on any setbacks no longer works. I have also recently started a NDIS claim which is overwhelming in itself as i am having to relive my past traumas over and over again and any medical conditions. i understand its part of the process however its sad that most of the administration helping me fill in the NDIS application has no idea what it means for someone to be retriggered with ptsd or any mental health problems making me feel like a nobody. all alone all over again and afraid of the world after i had beaten my fears and started living my life.

i do have a plan of recovering from this horrible place im in with my mind but its taking some very hard work on my end and i feel like no body can hear how much im struggling.

hoping being on here will help me take the right path that works for me. i can only try . lets see how i go.

thankyou for reading my story.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Where Do I Start

Hello @faithandhope 

You have had a hard time, I sense you have hope in you that things will get better. That's resilience. You are simply amazing and important. I have just started my NDIS application and I needed lots of help with it; I feel very fragile around the experience and I have anxiety around it too. I try to remember, that my story needs to be heard and eventually I will be able to support someone else through the situation with understanding and empathy. I just wanted to check in and see how you are going?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance