Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome & getting started

Beinghere
Casual Contributor

recovering

Hey everyone,

I'm new here and posting as part of my personal recovery plan from a recent life threatening incident.  I've just noticed how I didn't want to write specific words.  My immediate thoughts were "what If I trigger someone?"

I realise that I need to be able to talk openly and freely if I am to heal, learn and grow from this experience and I hope I can be of value to others through sharing.

Currently I am on anti dpesressants and in hospital.  For periods of the day I am fine until I start thinking of the future, the hurt and sadness I have caused family and friends and my work.   The urge to just get back to life outside or to turn back time and make a different decision is strong!

9 REPLIES 9

Re: recovering

Hi @Beinghere and welcome to the Sane Forums.

I'm sorry to read that you are in hospital but hope your are healing physically and mentally.

It is hard to know what to write sometimes and not wanting to trigger anyone. Perhaps a @moderator can help you with this.

Unfortunately we cannot turn back time and undo what we have done and the decisions we have made. I can understand the wanting too. I have been there. 

Please know that this is an open and supportive community for you to write what you need to.

Just a note, if you want to tag a member just put a @ in front of their name.

I look forward to getting to know you better. Hoping you are having a good day.

hi and welcome @Beinghere I can assure you that you will find yourself in a caring and compassionate space here on the forums firstly Id like to say theres no need to be hard on yourself as humans we all make mistakes and sometimes unfortunetly those mistakes can be very life altering, am currently going through a recovery of my own although different in nature can definetly empathise with where you find yourself , I have to keep telling myself that it wasnt my fault ,that im stronger than this ect,I wont go into those details as weve just met but I really hear that you have a great deal of care and concern for those your sharing your story with which shows you have inner strength also, sending kind thoughts and virtual hugs your way life is really tough at times we are here to listen as you recover 

hanami
Senior Contributor

Hi and welcome @Beinghere 

I'm one of the peer moderators here at SANE and want to wish you a very warm welcome. I'm sorry to hear of your recent events that led you here but it's very courageous of you to reach out so remember how strong you are for making that first step. Everyone here is so supportive and kind and have had their own traumas and challenges. I know they will all welcome you with open arms. 

When in dark times, the best thing we can do is just take it one minute/hour/day at a time. Things will get better, there is always hope. Maybe for now, just take small pleasures in one little thing each day. 

As for what we can and can't post on the forums I'll pop the guidelines here https://saneforums.org/t5/help/faqpage#community-guidelines but you are very welcome to send us an email at teams@sane.org and I can  chat to you privately about what you want to share and if it's ok.

Looking forward to seeing you around

Hanami

june23
Senior Contributor

Thanks for sharing @Beinghere, I'm new here as well and have found posting very helpful! Wishing you well and happy to chat 🙂

thanks you too!

thank you

thanks

Many thanks

Hi, how are you going @Beinghere ? Hope you are well 😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance