Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Arizona
Senior Contributor

I've been very depressed all day

It's after 4.30am and I haven't slept all night. I've been very depressed and unmotivated all day (yesterday). I only just managed to have a shower and it was sooo hard.

I think part of the problem is: 1. the cold weather is getting to me and 2. I ran out of food on Friday and I have been living on pasta and cheese. 

I *will* go shopping today.

I did my affirmations in the mirror for 30 minutes (not in one go) and that was very hard too.

I have an appointment today with a mental health organisation and I'm not looking forward to it. 

Perhaps I will feel better once I have been shopping and I have a house full of food. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: I've been very depressed all day

I can relate to you post and I’ve being feeling down and not motivated. I haven’t been sleeping much over the last weeks but yesterday I went for 2x1 hour walks and it was the first night I had a decent sleep.

I like the way you turn it into a positive - shopping may make you feel better. I have major depression so it is easier to number the days I am not depressed. What I found worked for me, and it is hard to do, is that if something like housework or personal care needs to be done I tell myself to just get it over with. I am allowed to complain and winge about it as much as I want, just so long as I do it.

Good onya @Arizona for looking at possible causes and trying to find solutions as to what might improve your mood 👍

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance