Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Knitting

You're a great knitter @Judi9877  

love it xx

Thanks for the wonderful support @BlueBay . I will admit I'm having lots of fun trying out these new patterns as it's fascinating yet interesting to see how row by row, the picture turns out. I'm thinking of maybe doing 50 picture squares and 50 squares in just moss or seed stitch, whatever it's called just because I enjoy the rhythm of knit 1, purl 1 each stitch for the same rows. Who knows? I've got so many knitting things on the go, it's hard to keep up with me but that's because I get bored easily! 

Have fun with your knitting and the rest of your Saturday!

Judi9877☺️🧶

Your kntting work looks incredible @Judi9877

Hi @Daisydreamer @Gwynn @BlueBay @Eve7 @utopia and all knitters here. I've just finished off a beanie using Kmart wool and a pair of 4.5mm knitting needles. This beanie will be given away to charity once they reopen again in February ready for donations. I had fun doing it and was very happy with the way it turned out. The only problem is the acrylic wool feels a bit harsh and stiff to knit with so it won't be used by me to make a jumper despite me loving the colours unfortunately

D9E8C0BA-B498-4873-88D0-E8DF67F84D9F.jpeg

Have fun with your knitting forumites!

Judi9877☺️🧶

Such beautiful colours @Judi9877💙

How long does it take on average to knit a beanie?

Daisydreamer🌼

Hi @Daisydreamer . It can take me between a day to several days or a week if I get bored to knit a beanie. The hardest part is the bottom bit of casting on 106 stitches and then following a pattern of knit 2, purl 2 for odd rows and purl 2, knit 2 for even rows for a total of 10 rows. That requires concentration and is hard when people want to chat yet I really want to get that section done. The middle section is where I can have fun as there's 30 rows in total so i use up whatever colours of yarn I choose making beach beanie different. It's therapeutic too as there are just some days where knitting a beanie is a matter of keeping calm or getting into MH trouble so i always make sure to have a pair of 4.5mm knitting needles available in my well-being tool kit along with a counter and some yarn!

Judi9877🌻🧶☺️

Hi @Gwynn @Daisydreamer @BlueBay @Eve7 @utopia @Appleblossom and all knitters here. I finished my second beanie last night and am now onto my 3rd in a matter of a week. It's cold and rainy here in Melbourne right now so I'm having fun with the rhythm of knit 2, purl 2 to make a rib for the bottom of the beanie before doing the main section. It's very relaxing and it's reminding me that eventually someone who needs a beanie will have a colourful item to warm their head when it gets given to them from the charity that I knit for and I hope will cherish and live it as much as I have had fun creating it. 

You are right when you say that knitting is like breathing @Gwynn. For me, it really helps centre ne and assists my mental health greatly in ways that talking can't and other therapeutic methods can't. I can relax and focus and be creative and have fun all at the same ti e which can often prevent a bad episode from continuing for me. Knitting also helps me work through my problems at times and I love the benefits of this. I hope you do too.

Gotta go and work on my beanie. Talk later!

Judi9877☺️🧶💐

I find it very therapeutic too @Judi9877  and I like the maths in some of the patterns too. It’s a bit hot here for knitting and with my wrist in a cast, well I just borrowed a pile of books from the library 📚 

Go @Judi9877 

Good on you!! 😊

I haven't picked up my knitting since August. My nephew and his fiancé had a bsby girl on Sunday. I'm now thinking I'll finish this blanket for her. Snd I've got some pink material which is will sew a blanket.  
have a nice day 😊

@Judi9877 

I too love the soothing feeling of knitting. It can be quite meditative.

Keep knitting those beanies.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance