Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: My fitness journey

@Eden1919  So sorry Eden. I know I mentioned weight on here. No excuse but I’m new here and was only thinking of these forums in terms of my own MI. Not the broad range that exist. I will remember to be more present in my posts and to maybe read some stuff outside of my own experience to gauge what I should be careful about. Take care of yourself. 😊

@Alacarte  thanks it is not anyones fault though and of course no one else is going to know what will upset someone else. it isnt just the weight though it is kind of the whole thread the talk about weight loss methods and types of food and drink aimed at weight loss. all of these things for me are very triggering and although i understand they werent said in any context other than trying to be healthy it is still quite upsetting. and if all though things were being discussed in the perspective of an eating disorder well it wouldnt be allowed to be posted. i mean of course health is an important topic and people should be able to support each other in their health journeys so i am not saying you should stop the thread or anything just please add a trigger warning then at least people can be aware this sort of thing could be being discussed before they read it. because after it is too late. again unless you had an eating disorder you probably wouldnt even consider these topics to be anywhere near distressing to anyone so i am not mad or upset with anyone for posting about them. 

@Eden1919  Hi Eden1919 how are you going? 🙂 I hear what you are saying as I get a 'buzz' out of talking about weight and am quite obessive about my weight etc so have to be very careful. Speaking for myself my meds have made me miserable with my weight gain and if I could be sure that I wouldn't get myself into trouble I would take myself of them in a blink of an eye .... just becauase of my weight.

Alot of us on this thread are in the same boat and to be able to verbalise our frustration and to do something positive about our weight issues in a healthy way is liberating. That is how I see the thread. To be amongst friends who will support each other is wonderful. 

I can guarantee the posts are being carefully monitored as usual for any breach of the guidlines and I assure you that I will endeavour to be careful with my postings. Love greenpea 🙂

@Queenie @Alacarte @Ant7 @BryanaCamp 

@greenpea  i understand where you are coming from as far as the meds go i have also have had issues with that. i think maybe that is another reason i am sensitive to this thread because it relates to the meds. for me it also brings up extreemly traumatic memories about the meds and what happened with them which is not going to help anything. still i should probably just avoid this thread it is too much for me. i wish you all well with your health journeys. 

@Shaz51  Hi Shaz51 here it is. 

thnaks my super @greenpea 

Hello @Queenie , @Eden1919 , :@ @Alacarte , @Ant7  Smiley Very Happy

@Shaz51  :Dxx

@Queenie @Shaz51 @Alacarte @Ant7 @BryanaCamp  and everyone I have some great news I fitted into a shirt yesterday which I have not been able to wear for over 2 years!!! To say I am happy is an understatement.

Hoping everyone's weightloss journey is going smoothly too with loads of success. Cannot wait to hear. Love greenpea 🙂

@greenpea  That’s great 😁 

@Ant7  Thanks Ant7 yes I am thrilled 😄

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance