Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Worry Room - Get it out, and walk away: No responses please

Okay @Former-Member  💕

You know what to do if you change your mind about receiving support on a thread of your own. Thanks @Jupiter 

Feeling troubled about the health of my body. 

Feel lost in a system where im not wanting or accepting of going to hospital... but then also told not 'severe' enough to have access to other supports etc. im somewhere in a 'you-dont-fit-in-anything-model-of-care' for people with mental illness. Even if i could afford it, being in a country location there arent any options for private supports. GP strongly but kindly suggested that i wont make it back to my work and profession because im too ill but no services she's contacted are available to support either. wiht recent massive drop in pay centrelink are not able to help because i earnt too much last year. Been told to 'find a passion' to engage in future work opportunities. despite the fact that im losing everything emotionally, socially and most impactfully - financially... and have very little stability in my life im told that i need to 'be positive'.

Hi everyone.

Dr’s Surgery is now: -

“Stand behind Yellow line, one metre away from reception desk”.

Reception quizzes you about whether you have a fever, coughing or sneezing etc – then you are ordered to wear a face mask (if you have).

Overwhelming, considering the current medical issues.

I have very high blood pressure (hopefully temporary) – so Dr has called me back to test it again, etc.

Dr wants me to take Anti-diarrea meds every day (daily), as a preventative – to see if it reduces my Gut Pain & frequency (4 times at least per day).

Which is from/ due to the 4 Bowel surgeries, & Irritable Bowel Syndrome (caused by surgeries).

Dr would not do a Referral to Surgeon (for investigation), as he claims it’s unnecessary.

He opened me up (local anaesthetic), then said that he cannot remove the internal stitches.

GP Dr hopes that the remaining stitch ruptures will clear/ heal on their own - when, after 12 months they have not.

They have remained exactly like that (with no change), for almost 12 months - they are still protruding through skin.

Exhausted & bewildered…..

Several hours at the Dr's surgery.

I need to Re-Group, before finding energy & resolve to seek further treatment (options).

Adge

Just need to dump all my thoughts here again. Maybe not worries, just overwheming heaviness. 

So tired and weary. Weary of being hurt over and over again. Not physically, but other ways. If I leave this room I may be hurt again. Unkind words, misunderstandings, aloneness, being ignored, being stared at with eyes that are intense eyes, rejection, awkwardness, uncomfortable, sadness, grief, distant feeling, fear, are behind the door.

I will be ok, just got to write this all out. 

I was asked "are you sure it happened" before and that they are both devastated by this.

Why did I go through everthing I did. Thanks for the validation, thanks for believing me. I might as well just kept my mouth shut. I finally be truthful after all these years and it backfires on me.

I want out now. 

Saw my pdoc yesterday she explained how sick I was/am without my meds. She said I have schizophrenia with a mood disorder. Hard words to swallow and comphrehend. She said I was only to talk with her about what we are discussing ..... I am in so much trouble or was .... I have to trust her with my inner darkest secrets with what I hsve done.

I cannot buy my normal supplies of ordinary items (to last 1 week) – the shops have no toilet paper, no soap, etc etc.

So there is no way that I can follow advice of stocking up with 2 week’s worth of food – there is none (not enough) on the shop shelves to buy.

The Chemist staff have become rude & callous – “You should have panic-bought, like everyone else” (he said), “Then you would not have missed out” (no soap).

Totally numb, this Nightmare should not be real…..

The world is not sane.

Adge

Hi @Adge 

Wow that is quite a callous message you received from the chemist staff and so unhelpful.. I am sorry that you are thinking that it is a nightmare and that the world is not sane.  Fortunately there are also many people who are being kind, considerate and compassionate during this unprecedented time across the world. I hope that some of this comes your was real soon too. And you are able to get the supplies you need.

Take care,

Whitehawk

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance