Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

@Emelia8 ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’ž๐ŸŒธ

Screenshot_2021-02-27-20-42-01-93.jpg

@Emelia8 

Screenshot_2021-02-27-21-02-35-33.jpg

@Anastasia ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’ž

Keeping you safe in my heart tonight dear @Emelia8 ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ’ž

Thank you @Anastasia @Shaz51 @roses @Bow @outlander @Lee82 @Former-Member @Peri  and others.

Today has been hard.  So much triggering stuff in the news again.  Is it just that I notice it more at this time of year, or has the past few weeks been literally full of news of rapes/assaults ... each and every day.  I cannot avoid this news ... my husband likes to watch the news, and our living room is a combined living room / kitchen.

I wish there was not so much news lately about rapes/sa's. Although my psych has told me in the past, that even without reminders like that ... my body would know anyway, that a traumatic anniversary was near. Seems weird, but I think she's right.

Another historical allegation came to light overnight, relating to a 1988 occurrence.  Unfortunately  NSW police were unable to investigate at the time the report was lodged by the victim around this time last year, because of the COVID outbreak.  Then  the investigation was called off in June when the victim committed suicide. Without a victim  there is no case. So sad and such a waste of a life. What caused her to end her life I wonder? 

My assault occurred in 1996 ... 25 years ago in 1 or 2 days time (the 29th Feb).  But in reality it's a lifetime ago, because my life as I knew it, ended on that day.  I live a different life now ... one of fear, regret, heartache, anger, desperation, hatred, confusion, sadness, loss.  So many emotions.  Will I live with this for the remainder of my days?

Emelia

@Emelia8 ๐Ÿ’•
Take each day as it comes. Trauma changes people. We are constantly trying to heal.
Ive bern avoiding the news and social media because of all thats happening, i dont evrn have the radio on in the car only cds or music on usb.

Thanks @outlander yes, I understand. ๐Ÿ’–

@Emelia8 ๐Ÿ’•

EMERGENCY HUGZZ @Em20210111-giphy.gif

Feel for you @Emelia8  @@ such Rotten timing for you... all this rape  media hype, wish they'd shutup about it for 5min grr.  it's not you!  and many of us feel it too

There's so many negative emotions associated with your trauma anniversary alone, let alone getting rehashed by the media torturing you ๐Ÿ’”. I pray they shutup! And i  pray this pain becomes less  intense for you with time... and that you eventually find many new moments of joy, and peace that drown out the bad. Even if just for a moment it will break its power. 

Also, and I hate to ask, but not sure if anyone else has, and I care... It's a deeply personal question (you don't have to answer to anyone but yourself)... ... Do you secretly blame yourself? or feel responsible in part?... If so... do forgive you...  let that go....  as you didn't ask for this... it's not your fault!  

Hope  that's not too close, i've been there you see.

February is nearly over and I hope this storm starts to  fade away for you... in your mind and hopefully the media fades too..

It's cruel how the media reports have been been bombarding the forefront of your mind. They need to be forced to tone it down. It's well documented the social impact of such media coverage on trauma with ongoing broadcasts during the Royal Commission into institutional Child Abuse" Triggered many suicides my dr told me. And on top of my early days of grief after my girl, sucks! . Avoidance isn't such a bad thing. Is it possible to wear headphones during news? oh but then you get the random news updates grr. Times like this I'm grateful I live alone.

Oh Sh#t! PTSD is so hard. Deep breaths... and lots of tea on the verandah maybe โ˜•โ˜• I'll be there with you. Hugzz๐Ÿ’”

@Emelia8 thinking of you sweetheart

Morning also to @Former-Member @outlander @Anastasia @Shaz51 

Hoping there is some sunshine in all of your days ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance