Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A Life of Trauma and Tragedy (Possibly Triggering Content)

Ohhh @Emelia8 , sending you tender hugs my sister xoxo 

Can you take anything  for it 

@Emelia8 ❤️💞❣️

B2AAEED4-6FBE-4B4E-81A1-D2DFAD8EC4E6.jpeg

@Emelia8 .... 💐💕

Thank you @Faith-and-Hope @Anastasia @Shaz51 @WIP @Owlunar @Snowie @Bow @Peri @Eve7 @Former-Member @NatureLover @Former-Member @outlander @BlueBay @Lee82 @greenpea @Exoplanet @Sans911 @Schitzo @Clawde @Former-Member @Former-Member  💞🙏 for messages and supports.

I have had a really rough few days since last Friday.  Dec ... the severe pain was not from surgery, but from an injury I incurred last Friday.  Much worse than any pain I went through from surgery.  So no, it wasnt the hospital letting me home too early or without adequate pain relief. My surgical pain is improving every day, but still having some concerns and pain from some of the exercises due to lymphatic cording.  Its the other issue which has resulted in extreme pain and lack of sleep.  My GP did give me additional pain relief on Monday when I saw him.  First night it was little benefit because it wore off quickly and then I was back to being in agony.  But last night I took two, and although it did not help me sleep, it did make me more comfortable physically.  And I was able to rest, if not sleep. So thats a plus.  I am making headway I think.

I got a call from the radiation oncologist today to book me in for an initial appointment with her tomorrow morning.  This is the one which is an hour's drive away, at a regional hospital.  Its a 9am appointment and I am unsure exactly where her office is located, so I will need to leave early to ensure I'm not late.  Feeling quite nervous and anxious about this appointment because I really have no idea what to expect.  I think it will be to plan my radiation therapy, but I dont know when it will start or how long a course they will recommend for me. I guess I will have some say in whatever happens.  But as I know nothing about radiation therapy, I will be relying on her to advise.

I am yet to hear from the medical oncologist.  It would be with her that we discuss if chemotherapy is also needed.  And I dont know if it matters which comes first, or not ... ie radiation or chemo.  So much to think about.

Emelia 🌸

I hope tonight is better for you @Emelia8 

Gentle hugs and love.

🤗❤️🤗

Thanks @outlander @Eve7 ... yes I hope tonight is a bit better too.  Taken pain killers already, and about to snatch one of hubbys 'sleepers'.  Set my alarm for nice and early so I dont doze off in the early morning and miss my appointment.

So tired, physically and emotionally.  Feel like I could sleep for a lifetime.

Emelia 🌸

I just want to come and get you Em and take you under my wing. I am so sad to hear about your injury 😞

I don't have adequate words but I wish for better for you. I am staring at the keyboaoard and don't have words.

I wish you the best for the morning with your appointment and will be there with you in spirit, love, hugs and more hugs xxox  

@Emelia8 

Hearing you @Emelia8 💜
I hope tomorrow goes ok at least and maybe a little less pain (or alot would be better) too

Hi @Emelia8 si sorry you've had such a rough few days.
This injury sounds bad, was it self-harm? or accident? You ok? "Lymphatic cording" sounds horrible, will the gentle exercises eventually help this? Pain management can be quite complicated, I found my local pharmacist very helpful with this. Hey, you said "I am making headway, I think" 😊👍 this made me smile, so good to hear you say it, you have turned a corner 🎖️ I pray for strength as it's quite a long journey for you. Hang in there. Let us know how radiation oncologist apt goes - get there early, drive careful. Are you up to driving yet? Hope chemotherapy isnt too harsh, maybe just tablets over Christmas. Try not to worry too much - get the facts, write questions down and run them by your Breast Care nurse etc. Also, have you found a Breast Cancer helpline or online support group?
Im very numb this week, gotta have the rest of this big tummy mole thing removed in the morning. Gonna need a few stitches. Don't wanna, but nothing like what you've endured, youve inspired me. Questioning their technique, don't know why they can't take it all off in the first place instead of tiny biopsy. Wanted to postpone tomorrow's apt it re stress levels high already with dad dying 😢 but the Skin Clinic are not doing anymore minor ops after This week re doctors going on holiday soon and unable to followup wound care etc. Yep, that time of year already... If i cancelled the next available time wont be 'till mid January 😕 So, with 'abnormal' cells detected... i donno. Have to plan ahead.
Anyway, you take care, be strong 🙏
💙💚💛🧡💓💜
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance