Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@Zoe7  busy, tiring is good I have to agree. So happy that your job is working out so well for you :). Had a huge clean up of my front court yard garden ..... it is so dry though we really need rain so badly here. Cut the triffid back so hopefully it will grow back nicely and be less offensive to the neighbours in the complex. Have to keep the old people happy 🙂

You have been busy today @greenpea A cleanup of the garden is a big job but a real sense of accomplishment when you finish the job. My neghbour needs to clean up his front yard as it is beginning to encroach onto my property in a big way. There is only so much I can do to keep it at bay and I am continually having to cut back overgrowth in the backyeard also. My neighbours backyard shed is nearly on my fence line so when that gets covered the only access is from my property. It all really needs spraying as it grows out of control each year.

@Adge  Hi Adge can you tell me what EMDR is?

Thanks @TAB 

Thanks @Zoe7 

Considering I'm going into hospital for surgery soon - with a recovery time of who knows how many weeks.

EMDR probably wouldn't be yet, for months anyway.

Hi @greenpea It's Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing.

It's a technique recommended for working with trauma memories - it supposedly helps to lessen the emotional distress (intense feelings) associated with disturbing memories (events).

I've only picked that up from reading....

Adge

@Adge  I hope the treatments go well for you Adge you deserve a break xxx

I won't hold my breath for EMDR @greenpea

It could be many months away.

It was refreshing & a nice surprise, to hear psych say "Yes".

I've become too used to hearing "No, it might destabilise you too much", etc - that's all fear-based responses, instead of positive (uplifting) stuff....

Adge

Evening all 

LOL re the triffid @greenpea .   We just had some much needed proper rain here this evening.  The garden will love it.

Hope the EMDR works well for you @Adge .  I think it's working well for me.  We don't do it every session - sometimes we take a session or two to work through something that came up when doing it, and sometimes there is current stuff that needs to be dealt with.

Hi to you too @Zoe7 @CheerBear @Exoplanet @Shaz51 and anyone else floating around this evening. 

Just about to post to a few people then head to bed @eth. Have a lot to do tomorrow and need to be up early again. Read your poem and loved it Hon Heart

Thanks a lot @Zoe7 .  Hope tomorrow goes well for you.  I think it's your day of appointments so I hope they go smoothly x

It's silly o'clock and as often happens, I'm thinking of you @Mazarita, wondering what the sky looks like up your way.

I hope your projects are still going well and you're enjoying working on them if that's what you've been up to.

Lots of ❤
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance