Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Re:@ A long rave

@Adge  Oh my poor Adge you are doing so well I am really sorry that it is hurting :(. Just praying that at the end of this it will fix it and you will have a nice flat tummy :).

I thought there must have been other coloured peas but wasn't sure ... how do you know so much about peas Smiley Wink?

Hi @Zoe7 & @eth I'm glad you had good days.

The Waistband feels like wearing a straight-jacket - it's very restrictive of my movement. At least it doesn't hurt.

The suction pump does hurt, quite a lot, especially this afternoon.

I had a productive morning, dragging my pump & 2m long tube through the aviaries - whilst cleaning, & replenishing water & seed.

Adge

The poor birds would have wondered what was coming with all that extra 'stuff' you were carrying around with you @Adge Good that you could still clean, water and feed them though with it all.

Thanks @greenpea Yes tummy does look much flatter - although I cannot see much of it, under the suction pad (& waistband).

My original post in reply to you was much longer - it said how long the stapled area is.

Considered too graphic, so it was deleted.

This is the 4th time that I've had that done, 4th major surgery.

None of the graphic details of almost dying in hospital (twice) were included.

I used to cook up large batches of split peas & lentils etc, so that's where the pea knowledge comes in.

When I first became a vegetarian, almost 30 years ago - I read up on legumes, & all the good stuff for vegetarians to eat.

Adge

Yes @Zoe7 Plus the pump makes weird slurping sounds - that would put anyone off, including birds.

Adge

@Adge  Well I think you are a mazing you never complain with all that you are going through. You are such a strong person :). I hope these next couple of weeks go quickly for you with no hiccups.

I have had 2 enormous salads for dinner tonight and am very good about it 🙂

Thanks Super @greenpea I would fall from Grace (off my pedestal) - if I tell you that I was swearing this afternoon, because it hurt that much.

Yum, 2 large salads - I hope you allow yourself some nice salad dressing.

I may be vego, but I certainly like spices & sauces on my vegies etc.

Adge

Hello and hugs @Adge , @Mazarita , @greenpea , @Zoe7 , @eth 

@Adge  I'd be swearing to if I were you :). I am glad you have  the woman to check on it coming on Wednesday. Have you got any pain relief?

I haven't got any dressing I should buy some .... I just keep forgetting. I am not great in the kitchen:).

@Shaz51  Hi Shaz51 how did Saturday go? Was thinking of you.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance