Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

@MDT that's the legal part. he's not in the same region that his psychiatrist is. technically the doc from hospital has to contact the psychiatrist first, and then we make plans. it shouldn't be this hard. one battle after another 

i see @octavia

It really shouldn't be that hard should it....

My friend I hope it resolves sooner rather than later.

Is he safe though ?

@MDT yeah he's safe, I guess, that's a bonus, his mental health on the other hand, I'm worried about him

So long as he is in there then he doesn't present harm to himself or others. Even if it's not pretty. Better than alternatives I guess @octavia
That was my experience inside anyway

hey @octavia
that must be really frustrating when no one seems to be listening. Can I ask if his current GP is any good?

im wondering this because once discharged it may be worth changing gps and getting a proper mental health care plan written up for your son.

the public health system can be really hard to navigate even though it really shouldn't be.

Is there a chance you could speak with a nurse on your own and express your concerns? perhaps when they hear from you and how worried you are they will speak with the gp about calling the psychiatrist asap.
at any mental health hospital or ward they should have a dr on call, nurses 24/7 and also access to a psychologist as well.

@eth 

Image result for thinking of you purple flowers

You're on my mind often too @Zoe7   Image result for lotus flower pictures

Good morning to anyone else around this morning.  @outlander @MDT @octavia   hope your morning is starting peacefully.

@octavia  it's always nigh on impossible to contact hospital doctors on the weekend.  Hope you get through today ok and maybe do some self-care activities to pass the time.  That way you will be firing on all cylinders come tomorrow.  I do know how awful public hospitals can be, especially what goes on in the rec. yard.  They do keep a person safe from the worst kind of self-harm it's true, but aren't really a place to get well in my experience.  I really feel for what you are going through.  I suggest contacting your step-son's psychiatrist yourself tomorrow and if you can't speak to them get their receptionist to send an urgent email to contact you and your husband and what it's about.  You might be able to speed things up from that end rather than letting the hospital take their own bl005y time.  Thinking of you.

Hi @Exoplanet @greenpea @Bimby2 @Shaz51   thanks for the tags overnight.  Hope your day is gentle too.  

@eth @Mazarita @Zoe7 @outlander @MDT @Shaz51 @Adge good morning everyone. today we're off to see our boy in hospital. take him out for lunch and discuss what our next move is. I'll be at the nurse as soon as I see her. to make sure the doc calls his psychiatrist first thing in the morning. we couldn't even get a hold of the doc on Friday. there's absolutely no treatment plan. they just give them their meds and off they go on their merry way. I gotta laugh though, there's some funny characters in there. this one guy, he just burns around in his wheelchair all day, naked! I asked him don't u think u should put some clothes? he goes clothes are for people who care what their body looks like. then grabbed his d and shook it, then left

Hi @Scarecrowe @Shaz51 @TAB @Bimby2 @Angels333 @Outlander65 @Everan  it was great to see you all yesterday.

I was a bit preoccupied as I'm caught up in selecting, screening and phone interviews for potential new support workers this week.  Spoke at length to one yesterday afternoon and she sounds really good.  Have arranged a meet 'n' greet face to face with her for Tuesday.  Another one was meant to ring and didn't.  Like my brother said - that was the audition and she didn't turn up - I'll still speak to her today but she's no longer no. 2 on my list.  I had over 20 people respond about my ad and made a shortlist of 10, and will start by talking to the top 5 of them.  It's amazing how much time and energy it takes.  I've never done this before as two of my support workers came from large organisations that I had them through and now work freelance, and the other one that I like from another large org. is getting ready to go freelance too.  It's so much easier when they do that, they can choose their own hours and are much more flexible.  Things will settle down a bit once I've decided who to go with and hopefully I'll get into a routine again.  I cope a lot better and can make more progress on my goals once I have a good rapport and trust with support workers.  

Hi also to @Snowie @CheerBear @Owlunar @MDT @Adge @Maggie @Molliex @Teej @Faith-and-Hope @frog @Former-Member @Sophia1 @saturnzoon @cutiepiekitty @Doglover @Ant7 @Appleblossom @Bill16 @Meowmy @SleepyDad @Gazza75 @Queenie @Smc @Sans911  thanks to all those of you who tagged me during the week  and hi to all of you.  I'm around for a while now if anyone wants to chat here or tag me into your threads elsewhere.  Look forward to catching up more this morning on what's going on for you all.  Take care xx

Just saying Hi @eth gotta run. Thanks for tag
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance