Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

Building Resilliance

Hi Everyone Building Resilliance well to me at the momment it means that Ive got family who by supporting me are helping me to help myself more so its like I'm stepping up to stand up for myself a bit more although by doing so stole someones thunder a bit today but its good when people support you to support youself,in particular ive got some family members that are supporting practically while others are supporting emotionally so thats enabled me to stand up for myself,which today was a good thing,then cause of that I gave myself a reward but also was thankfull to those willing to support,I still havent got counselling as yet as theres been some other worries and priorities for now but Im just doing my best each day to get through each day and I guess having certain role models there kind of teaching me how to self regulate my emotions,hold back from going into just the negative things and instead try to focus on the positives,at the momment I kind of want to push away the negatives,Im thinking about my goals for next year,and focus on fun and good times with family LostAngelHeart

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Building Resilliance

Hi @LostAngel 

It sounds like you have built up a good support system around you. Smiley Happy

I hear you when you talk about standing up for yourself and having support to do that from the people around you. I need that support sometimes too.

It's really great that you're thinking about your goals for the year ahead and good times with your family. 

Sending strength and best wishes for the year ahead,

Rosie93 Smiley Happy

Re: Building Resilliance

thanks @Rosie93  and nice to meet you take good care x

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance