Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: In my 40s feeling no hope

Hi again @Jak33

I don't think you are feeling sorry for yourself in anyway - actually - as I have been attached to sites like this one for years I can soon tell if someone is having a pity-party and you're not

And at times our mothers can be the worst - you are obviously not all right - the world is a nightmare for you right now

I have no idea where you can go next - but you do need help - you seem to have exhausted all available avenues - I don't know what else to suggest

It seems terribly unfair that people with a broken leg or cancer get all the cards and flowers - people can see all of this - but not when you are mentally drained and exhausted - and of course there is something wrong - you're worn to a frazzle with all of this

Thanks for the kind words about my son - it was a nightmare - I had invested so much in helping this child - of course - no one can be loved too much -and I did love him - and it left me badly scarred

But people cannot see grief either - but here - I am accepted - and this means the world to me

And I am sure you will get the same help here @Jak33

Decadian

You sound like you are going through such a rough time at the moment 😢 i really hope things turn around for you soon. I hope your children step up and take care of you for a little while. Im 36 and struggle daily with depression. Working is what keeps me sane. If i spend too much time at home alone with my own negative thoughts i really suffer.

@Jàk33. Just found your post and wondering if your adult children might like to have a look at the carers section of SANE. May give them a bit more understanding.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance