Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Hospital Stay

Thinking of you too @utopia .....

💜💕

@utopia I can't be there with you so here is a pillow shaped like me to hug and scream into if needed... Heart

Hi @utopia - sorry to hear about your frustration over the hairdryer. Maybe your hairdryer went to someone who lost theirs and it's all a game of musical hairdryers. Pretty poor on their part that they have misplaced it though. How's a cockatoo supposed to keep her feathers all neat and tidy?

Perhaps they needed it for some other purpose.

6D4388A8-7A1A-4111-B376-C2BA3A5CDF85-273-00000006EF8E4533.png

Oh, that's hilarious ..... ❣️

Thanks very much for understanding my frustration. It is 100% lost. Do the DON of the hospital won't take my complaint. We have no unit manager on until Monday. The electrician doesn't have it. So the nurses told me they solved the problem. The electrician found another hairdryer without a patient name on it. So the nurses gave it to me. Can you believe it. I loose mine - they give me someone else's - & now there's will be missing. What a shite situation.
Will fill in the complaint form tomorrow. But no. Won't be getting a new hairdryer.
What a bugger up.
And yes - this Cocky needs to blow dry her feathers.

@Zoe7. I'm holding your butterfly pillow in my mind and thinking of you and calming down. Thank you. Almost ready for bed. Just waiting for the nurse to come and do a room check (hourly) & then I'll sneak a smoke in the bathroom ' praying the smoke alarm doesn't go off.

I couldn't find one in my colours - actually pink was the only colour I could find @utopia - so pink it was!!

I really hope the smoke alarm doesn't go off but if it does maybe you could search for you hair dryer while everyone is evacuating - just saying!!!!! Smiley LOL

If smoke alarm goes off - it's a $3000 - $5000 bill sent to me. That's the cost of eavh fire truck thst arrives.
But the nurse just did the check - so I'll go and put the steam on in the bathroom and enjoy the sneaky cigarette.
And the cushion colour looks more red to me & is perfect.

but on the positive side the firemen will come - I know how much you enjoyed that the last time @utopia lol

We will go with red then - easy. Enjoy your sneaky cigarette (and sauna at the same time) Smiley LOL

I miss you so very much my beautiful friend Heartxxx

Hope you're able to get your feathers looking beautiful @utopia and the fire brigade didn't have to be called out. 

1D0EFFC1-7EBC-49EA-B8E6-43CEC855B0CB-754-0000004BCB69A7B1.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance