Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Story

Hi @Appleblossom,

Hey it looks like we have been promoted so i might say congradulations "community guide" Smiley Very Happy

Sorry i have not been chatting lately, i have had a lot going on, i will definately be at Friday Night Feast.  i hope to see you their.

Take care my friend, be kind to yourself

Jacques

@Jacques

Yeah no worries I understand, It's Anon here

Maybe one day i'll give yoga and taichi another chance, but at the meantime i'lll continue with my Path in Fitness Smiley Happy

Yeah Walking/Jogging/Running is the best, there's times when I want to drink and I decide to run instead and I felt way better than I did before...

Yeah I love the Muppets! as you can see who's my favorite Smiley Tongue that was a nickname of mines in High School Smiley Very Happy I hate Honeydew though Smiley LOL

Thanks for the support, yeah the VA has an abundance of resources, I am improving trust me, I was in a worse state last year.. still fighting Man Happy

Cheers!

I also got promoted Cat Happy

Hey Congratulations @Beaker_Batson, you are now contributor, welcome to your new position in the sane family.

Sorry @Beaker_Batson, i just looked up Beaker on steam but their is so many people using that tag, it is a shame, i would have loved playing games with you.

Oh yes make sure you stay away from the bottle, running is much better for you anyway, a healthy outlet for the body and mind.

I am so glad you are making improvements, you are an inspiration to many vets and public who suffer from PTSD, it can be managed, i am proud of you my friend, so many people do not have the will power and discipline you have, you fight on every day, improving every day, wow, you are amazing.

Take care my friend

Jacques

Hi @Jacques and @Beaker_Batson,

It’s great to hear that you two have found a common interest in gaming! Smiley Very Happy

I'm just chiming in to remind you that, as you mentioned earlier Jacques, we cannot facilitate contact outside the Forums, as this is an anonymous community. This means that any posts that contain information leading to external sources (e.g. gaming websites, personal blogs etc.) that can reveal your identity will need to be removed.

I hope you guys can continue to enjoy discussing the games here though!

Thanks,

Shimmer 🙂

Hi @Shimmer,

I know that we are not allowed contact outside the forums.  sorry if i mentioned something that is not allowed.

Jacques

Hi @Jacques,

No need to apologise 🙂 The bit I was referring to was when you mentioned looking up @Beaker_Batson on Steam - we can't faciliate members finding each other on other websites, so I thought I'd reiterate what you'd said earlier just to make sure no further information that could be identifying (e.g. Steam username) was given.

I know that you are across our anonymity guidelines, I just thought this situation may be a bit of a grey area so it'd be helpful to clarify for anyone else who might be reading too!

Thanks,

Shimmer 🙂

@Appleblossom

Check out the song when you get a chance, actually that whole album was dedicated to The Rev (RIP) pretty deep and badass stuff on that album...

My condolences to your father, I bet he was a great man Smiley Happy

Yeah our health system is good and bad, none is perfect, you just need to find something that works with you, also find a good support network ( I love mines at the VA)

You know what? I was looking into forums, and well the one that I found and fell in love with, I tried to register and guess what? I was labeled "too old" which to be honest It pissed me off for the discrimination, so they kinda reffered me here and well I thought I was also going to get rejected cause It's Aussie haha, but I feel right at home- besides I was going to say my Ex is Australian so maybe that would have helped in my favor Smiley Wink but, yeah this is the only forum I'm participating...

Thanks for having me!

@Shimmer

Yeah it's unmderstanable boss, It won't happen, I respect the rules and regulations, thanks for the clarification.

And no worries we won't go around it

@Jacques

Thanks brother for those kind words, I also have to remind you and you have to tell yourself that It's progress, progress, that's key to anything, like I said before I was in a downward spiral, last year I was a whole different person, I was angry, depressed, un-healthy, going nowhere, drinking my life away, but I slowly turned it around, baby steps my friend, I just didn't wake up one day ripped (body), positive, humble, It's a working process that anyone and I mean anyone can accomplish, It's all about putting that foot in front of you and just keep on going, that's the key my friend, I'm just a regular guy trying to make it in this World with my issues, but so far things are looking brighter, yes there's times when the Darkness overshadows me, but I have to remind myself that I won't feel like that forever and when I do fall down, I just have to get back up and keep on driving cause there's only one way to go and that's forward Smiley Happy

Hope this helps, now I'm off to look at my library (steam) and see what I'm in the mood for Smiley Very Happy

-B

I think it is great that @Jacques and @Beaker_Batson have hit it off so well. You have fun, guys ... and BEHAVE.

I have a dreadful confession to make ... I dont think you realise that I am now a very serious, straight piano teacher/singer/writer I am not really that badass ... but interested in all aspects of music .. ethnomusicology .. and psychology of music ... etc  

I looked up the Rev and read his sad story about Fiction .. I knew people like that and it is such a tragic waste ... I just like to remember a few wild child moments from my youth ... so thanks to anyone who has indulged me ...

cheers

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance