Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Good morning @Maggie @CheerBear @Snowie @outlander @Faith-and-Hope  and anyone else here.  Hope today contains some positives. 

I'm still waking up oddly.  The last couple of weeks I've been much more alert earlier in the day.  Had a more broken night last night than I have lately too so that's part of why.  And meds (the same ones tho').  I think a large part of it is a crash from a few weeks of extra adrenalin running.

Just remembered there's another CDAH zoom this morning so will head over to that now.

Take care and stay kind xx

Afternoon @eth @Maggie @CheerBear and anyone else on here.

Hope you days are going good 💖

Hi @eth @Maggie @CheerBear @Snowie .... anyone else around.

i have had two virtual classroom sessions today, and I am "grazing" with tidying up my home, as it is now.  

I moved some furniture around the other day, and without the cyclone of activity and disruption we have been managing for many years on a daily basis, I am finding I can build the level of organisation into my environment that is natural to me, without it being almost immediately upended.  Things are staying where I put them, and there is generally a sense of calm to my day - lack of hyper-vigilance probably.

The "rubbish tip" of stuff that got dumped into my lounge room a few weeks ago is dwindling into the new organisation by degrees.  I am thinking of keeping the double bed and mattress that are on their end across the loungeroom window, and making a guest room / tv room out of what will be my spare room when the baby dragon moving to the art space vacates shortly.

I just hadn't stopped to think about the fact that I can have friends stay over, once the COVID-19 situation has passed, and maybe have my dad come and visit from the other side of the country.

@Faith-and-Hope  You are doing an amazing job. I don’t know about you, but I found freedom difficult to begin with. I think I had lived dancing around someone for so long, meeting their needs, I had no idea how to meet my own. I know you have BDs around, so it would be very different in some ways.

I do hope once WH is finally ‘ over and out’ there will be a new beginning in many ways, for you personally.

Moving furniture around and setting up rooms sounds like fun, exhausting fun.

Its hard to see beyond this virus. What might be normal in 6 mths. How to make it through this time.

Take care @Faith-and-Hope . It’s tough, I know. 💜💜💜

@Snowie  👋👋👋💙💙💙

@eth  👋👋💜💜

Hope you gig went ok @CheerBear . 💜💜❤️

Hugs @Maggie @eth @Snowie @CheerBear 

Smiley Happy

Been on next round of disinfecting.  I doubt there is virus on my door handles but now I do have a cleaner coming in for an hour a fortnight, and who knows where she has been??  SHe said she did door handles and light switches on first day, but nothing gets done in our homes like we like.  She also said she had been complained about, but I am realistic about what can be done in an hour a fortnight, and hate the Clean House Goddess being bitchy. Its why I connected to many on here who put artistic pursuits over Home Beautiful, which is really a form of showing off, cos kids need some exposure to germs to kick start immune systems ..  anyway thats me ... over and out.

@Faith-and-HopeGradually, gradually, baby steps, but you will probably find a new way of life that deeply suits your values.  I never wanted to break my family up either, but marriage is a 2 way street, and as mothers and women we can only do so much.  I do have satisfaction in my home at present.  It will probably eventually become a Home Beautiful, because no-one is mucking it up, cept for a small cat cough up from time to time, but NOT at cost to children, or hospitality to extended family.

Heart

WWSister.jpg

@Owlunar  would probably like that idea ...

Go Well Sisters

Smiley Happy

Thanks @Maggie @Appleblossom ..... 💕💕

I am in no way a minimalist ..... lol ..... I'm an artist, waddayareckon ..... but just being able to clean around things easily, and find things where they belong when I need them is a re-found luxury.  Sometimes doing without for a while gives you a new appreciation of what is special for you.  Feeling that way.

It is really strange @Maggie, setting my home up to be truly mine ..... I just hadn't realised how much I had still been prioritising what our home needed to be for everyone else, with myself tucked into the corners around the family flow ..... setting up my new studio space in the middle of my lounge room area is starting to feel exciting and special ..... sort of like a home-coming after a long time away ...... from me.

@Appleblossom  I have a steamer. I go around with it wherever it reaches. I’ve done door handles, plus plus. I only have one visitor, and , like you, cleaning help every fortnight. I can’t do the bleach thing that has been advised,  the environment hates it.

Its tricky.

Nice to hear from you Apple. 💙💙💙

Aww @Faith-and-Hope  I teared up reading the.... home coming, after a long time away.. ....for you. You do deserve this and more. 👍👍👍💜💜💜💜

Just like when you and your course found each other @Faith-and-Hope , you and your self are finding each other again.

A home coming sounds so nice hun, I am glad you are going to have that space for yourself. Hopefully it brings you a lot of joy within all the bustle of your life.

Take care

@Maggie @Appleblossom 💌 and all around.

💜❄️💕 @Snowie ..... it's mine for now anyway.

Something I learned from a special friend who moved rental houses a lot was that when she unpacked her boxes in her new space, she just put her home back together the way it had been at the previous house.  The room layouts might have been different in various ways, but overall, the essence of her home kept asserting itself because the furniture and all the bits and pieces that represented home to her were all there.

That is what I have been struggling to find here for the last two years .... there was just a flimsy reference to what I feel is "home".  Little by little I am finding a proper connection again.  I am hoping my baby dragons feel it too when they are here.

I would like some curtains.  There are no curtains.  It's on my wish-list.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance