Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

amber22
Peer Support Worker

Peer Group Chat // What Makes You Happy? // Thursday 14th March 2024, 7-8:30PM AEDT

On Thursday 14th March 2024, we will be holding a Peer Group Chat on the topic of What Makes You Happy?

amber22_2-1709859263977.gif

What might impact your happiness? Join us to discuss what practical things, activities, and interactions might affect our overall happiness levels

The event start times across Australia are below:

amber22_1-1709859209861.png

This is currently held in daylight savings hours:

WA: 4pm 
NT: 5:30pm

SA: 6:30pm 

QLD: 6pm

NSW, ACT, VIC & TAS: 7pm 

For anyone unfamiliar with Peer Group Chats, each focuses on a specific topic and is guided by Peer Workers with lived experience of mental health issues and recovery, &/or caring for someone with complex mental health. A counsellor is also present as a moderator to help ensure a safe environment for individuals and the group. It is a space for us as peers to share our stories and experiences and connect with those who are going through something similar. 

Peer Group Chats are hosted outside of the forums, using a platform called Chatwee. To join an Online Peer Group Chat, you will need to register for an account with Chatwee. On the night, follow this link and log in to your Chatwee account before the group starts.

Please see this FAQ for any questions you may have. For any issues on the night, please message the moderator of the group on the Chat platform. If you'd like to receive a reminder closer to the event, please support this post & we'll keep you updated.

Anyone is welcome to join! Tagging some members who may be interested below: @Snowie @scruffypuffball @7cough9 @Glisten @Blackbird11 @Shaz51 @Fiefke @Patches59 @Appleblossom @Meggle @Jacques @deshift @Captain24 @Cali_Rose 

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Peer Group Chat // What Makes You Happy? // Thursday 14th March 2024, 7-8:30PM AEDT

We look forward to seeing everyone there 🙂

Re: Peer Group Chat // What Makes You Happy? // Thursday 14th March 2024, 7-8:30PM AEDT

Hi Everyone, 

Just a reminder that the next Online Peer Group Chat on What Makes You Happy? will take place tonight from 7-8:30pm AEDT.  As always, for ease of reference, times across Australia are in the graphic and listed below: 

TideisTurning_0-1710385870235.png

Western Australia: 4pm 

Northern Territory: 5:30pm 

South Australia: 6:30pm 

Queensland: 6pm 

New South Wales, Victoria, Australian Capital Territory & Tasmania: 7pm 

Tonight, you can expect discussion about

• What happiness might mean and look like for each of us 
  • Why we might sometimes avoid happiness 
  • Incorporating more happiness into our lives  

Tagging members who have supported or otherwise interacted with the thread so far as well as those who may be interested to receive a reminder @chibam @Shaz51 @PinkFlamingo @Snowie @Adge @Healandlove @Glisten @Tilz @Emelia8 @Faith-and-Hope @Captain24 @Oaktree @Patches59 @Fluttershy1 @Cali_Rose @VeraVulcan @Jasper_123 @The-red-centaur @Offtopluto @LilMapleLeaf @PeppyPatti @Birdofparadise8 @7cough9 @MDT @Jacques 

For anyone unfamiliar with Peer Group Chats, each focuses on a specific topic and is guided by Peer Workers with lived experience of mental health issues and recovery, &/or caring for someone with complex mental health. A counsellor is also present as a moderator to help ensure a safe environment for individuals and the group. It is a space for us as peers to share our stories and experiences and connect with those who are going through something similar. 

Peer Group Chats are hosted outside of the forums, using a platform called Chatwee. To join an Online Peer Group Chat, you will need to register for an account with Chatwee. On the night, follow this link and log in to your Chatwee account before the group starts.

Please see this FAQ for any questions you may have. For any issues on the night, please message the moderator of the group on the Chat platform. If you'd like to receive a reminder closer to the event, please support this post & we'll keep you updated.

Just a reminder that our Peer Group Chat on What Makes You Happy? will start in just 30 minutes at 7pm here! Everyone is welcome! See you then!

Tagging members who have supported or otherwise interacted with the thread so far as well as those who may be interested to receive a reminder as an invitation to join us if you would like to:  

@Tilz @creative_writer @Shaz51 @Bill16 @Birdofparadise8 @Blackbird11 @Dan7 @ENKELI @Eve7 @Oaktree @SmilingGecko @StanD @greenpea @Faith-and-Hope @Meowmy @Tranquil_Atoms @Undecided @kempodude @Emelia8 @Bow @NerryIntip @PinkFlamingo @Jacques @Flowerlove22 @outlander @Acanthiza @tyme @Blackbird11 @Captain24 @EternalFlower @Hyperballad @Patches59 @Spirit_Healer @Tiredtoday @Willow_26 @starpanda @Emelia8 @Faith-and-Hope 

Sorry I missed it tonight @amber22 

Sorry @amber22 , @TideisTurning , @tyme , @Snowie , I missed tonight's xx 

I'm very sorry to have missed it too. @TideisTurning . My Thursdays are now hectic in the evening. 😔 Looking forward to seeing the transcript. 

Hi Everyone,

In the interest of injecting a little dose of happy into our days, I'd love to hear about a moment of happiness or joy in your day, no matter how small or seemingly inconsequential. For me today, it's about listening to an Australian band Sheppard in the background while I go about my day, especially their latest few tunes 😊 What about you

@Healandlove @Shaz51 @Snowie @chibam @Tilz @Adge @Emelia8 @Faith-and-Hope ?

A recent moment of happiness @TideisTurning was being discharged from hospital. It was being able to walk in my front door and seeing the smiles on my kids faces. 

Sometimes my moments of happiness are fleeting moments too. It is waking up every morning next to hubby, it is having morning cuddles with the dog, it is having those precious conversations with my kids, it is sitting in the sunshine having a coffee.

@TideisTurning  Well, I happened to stumble upon a video clip from my childhood today that gave me a dose of the feels.

It's from a movie called "Short Circuit 2", and it's the end scene where the robot who's the main character achieves acceptance from society and is granted American citizenship - meaning that he is officially recognized as being equal to a human. And his friends have given him an outer casing of gold.

Somebody asks him how he feels about all this, and he jumps happily into the air and declares: "I feel alive!"

I'm probably selling the scene short with my description but it's a really sweet scene, because Johnny 5 (the robot) is a really sweet-natured fellow, and he had a really rough journey throughout the film to get to this point where the world has begun treating him kindly.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance