Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: With coffee .... without coffee. A place for us coffee lovers and coffee!

Thanks @BryanaCamp 

I thought about a reply yesterday - I had the bleakies from the weather but feel better today - I can talk about the anniversary but not on this thread - I will tag you onto my story and tell you there

Dec

hi @Gazza75 I'm very sorry to hear about your brother, it's tragic. The poor guy and that must be so hard for you. I'm really sorry your sister inlaw didn't look after him better, that must be quite devastating and infuriating. I totally understand family conflicts and difficult inlaws - my family is one, big minefield with lots of estrangements and volatility. Do you get to see your brother at all?

I love my siblings dearly but my sister is stressed out about her divorce (understandably) & I can't really help her as I've never been married. And my brother is in the UK, recovering from a psychosis so I just have email contact with him.

It sounds like you've done amazingly with your recovery from the episode. That's awesome, well done. It's great you have a good psychiatrist, makes such a difference. Hopefully there's a better GP out there for you. I had rapid weight gain with my first anti-psychotic so changed to a new one which isn't quite as effective but hopefully doesn't cause such bad metabolic changes. (Plus I have a sweet tooth!) That's great you had a supportive manager through a rough time. I can't imagine having so many managers in so many months, sounds stressful but you seem to deal with it really well.

Thanks for sharing some of your story here with us, it really sounds like you're doing an amazing job Smiley Happy

Have a good day today, don't work too hard!

hi @Owlunar thanks for letting me know, hope the bleakies have eased off a bit today. It's raining cats & dogs here, good for the water reservoirs I guess!

hi @LadyleahRDBloom @BlueBay @Former-Member @Maggie hope you're travelling well today. I'm on my third cuppa and still a bit cold, deciding what to do with my day...

Love the pic Darcy, thanks for making me laugh Smiley Very Happy

Hope your Thursday is kind to you.

Hi @BryanaCamp , thanks for your message of support.  It's been a pretty tough time on our whole family.  I feel worst for my nephews as now they aren't going to be able to do all the things they should of been able to do with there dad.  I feel he was vey selfish by putting himself in the position he did.  It was an avoidable accident.  I do have some sympathy for my sister in law, she's now a full time carer for my brother.  I see and hear from my brother very occasionally.  He's pretty much cut himself off from myself and parents.  He's not as social as he once was thats for sure. 

I've quite the sweet tooth as well, but, I don't think that's been the reason for my rapid weight gain. I'm just worried if things don't change for me soon, there will be no turning back.  I guess I'm used to the changing manager situation, I work for a pretty large company and it kind of comes with the territory.  It usually one a year on average.  

I'm not sure if you have heard back from your job interviews or not.  Try not to worry overly about it if you haven't.  These thngs can take a bit of time to process and to through. Even if you miss out , don't lose heart, there is something out there for you if you persevere.  I think you've done tremendously well to put yourself out there and get through the interviews like you have.  It's no small thing.

I'm sorry your family situation is a minefield, but, i'm glad you have some support from your 2 aunties.  I also get some support from mine, but, its diffucult for them to help me much.  They are a long way away.  It doesn't sound like you can do much to help your siblings other than try and be there for them as best you can.

Thanks again for being so positive and supportive.  Have a wonderful day and some fine coffee. 🙂

@BryanaCamp @LadyleahRDBloom @Owlunar @BlueBay @Former-Member  And anyone else coming through.

image.jpeg

hi @Gazza75 , that's very sad and tough for your nephews, I can understand your concern for them. At least they have an awesome uncle Gazza! There's not much you can do if a family member wants to be estranged, you can only reach out so many times, it's hard. Sure does sound like a tough situation, I'm guessing it happened relatively recently so perhaps with some time it may improve a little after such a huge adjustment.

I think I read you're going to the GP today (or maybe it was yesterday), I hope that goes well & your GP is helpful. It can be a fair bit of work trying to get through to them sometimes.

Thanks for all your kind words re job, I so appreciate your support. It's a bit daunting that I'll actually be joining the productive work force after so many years of unemployment! But at least I've been volunteering so that's a bit of practice with being productive, on the ball & professional and so on.

hope you have a good Friday & don't work too hard.

hi @Maggie @LadyleahRDBloom @Owlunar @BlueBay hope all are travelling well? I'm all coffeed up and heading out for a drive to the country, checking out a spot I want to take a day trip to with some girlfriends. 

have a good Friday all Cat Happy

@BryanaCamp- It's pretty hard on the nephews alright, especially the youngest one.  He's still at school and got some teasing about what happened to his dad.  I was furious when I heard about that.  It happened just over a year ago, but, it still feels like an open wound and more recent.  I feel like i've relived that first few weeks a million times in my head.  My GP visit went how I thought it would which wasn't great.  He referred me back to my normal Doctor.

I'm sure your volunteer work will hold you in good stead for you rejoining the workforce.  Don't put to much pressure on yourself.  You will be fine.  If you get stuck you will have people there to help you.  I'm sure they help train you and be very supportive.  

Have a great Friday to.  I don't have too much work on as I've been pretty busy this week trying to stay on top of everything.  Off to the gym ths afternoon as I've been a bit of a slacker this week.  

Hi @LadyleahRDBloom@LadyleahRDBloom@Maggie, @Owlunar@BlueBay hope your enjoying coffee and having a wonderful day.

@Gazza75 @LadyleahRDBloom @BryanaCamp @Owlunar @BlueBay  I've enjoyed the best coffee in over a week. Home from hospital with my little dog, my own bed and coffee, lots of coffee.

Hope everyone has had a goodish day.

Hey @Appleblossom @Maggie @Gazza75 @BryanaCamp @Owlunar @Former-Member @Shaz 

I didn't recieve feedback from my interview I just recieved a charming little knock back saying I was "unfit" for them. They could call me "over" , "weight" because I'm not. 

I take interviews seriously so I wasn't exactly happy and "unfit" is such a grey area. I asked for an explanation and I haven't recieved one.

We're better off without each other tbh.

I've taken this rejection better than I thought. Bring on the other interviews because I'm not giving up. I just hope the next hundred rejects I get have a bit more thought and flair. I mean really? Is that the best they could do?

Enrolled in Cert 3 of retail and am studying like a boss. 

Apologies for sounding like an entitled diva but we need to un-diva somewhere, don't we?

Almond milk coffee is by my side and I've got my brunch planned in adjacent to flat inspection prep. Ugh, mopping!

@LadyleahRDBloom  I smiled when I read the un diva. Yes, you might very well be better off without them. An explanation would have been helpful. No rejection is easy, so good on you for getting through it wellish. Hope the flat inspection goes ok. Almond coffee sounds good, nescafe going well here. Divas to the rescue.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance