Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Since2007
New Contributor

Anxiety On and Off

This Covid thing is getting into my nerves. At first I was okay with working from home setting and homeschooling but now I'm all burnt up. My head and my chest are pounding. I can't concentrate anymore. A lot of things are floating inside my head. I can't answer them all. 
trigger: my mom in law wants to get back to home country (which was the original plan sans Covid crisis).. she basically takes care of my daughter and do some house chores. Aside from the fact that it will be just us again, I am worried if she will be allowed to enter home country.. quarantine and isolation rules.. and when can she come back here as the borders are not yet open to receive non-residents. 
That's just the trigger, now I feel anxious with bouts of crying for thw past 3 days. I can't shake it off like those other time I felt anxious.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Anxiety On and Off

i hear that things are tough at the moment for you @Since2007 - and i can relate.

my take on it, if it helps is that we have been living in the covid situation for over 6 weeks now and our bodies and nervious systems have reached max stress points. i too have expeienced the inabillity to concentrate and having a million things jumping around inside my brain.

do you have any professionals yt\ou can touch base with and talk through in more detail?

Re: Anxiety On and Off

No.

In home country, I saw a doctor for anxiety and depression. 
Here, I saw a GP last year but that's just it. No follow ups.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance